Dec. 16, 2013
- This is the third of just five December games for the Vols. Four of those contests take place in Knoxville.
- Wednesday's game marks the start of a four-game stretch of non-conference home games for the Vols leading into SEC play.
- Tennessee went 5-9 against NC State coach Mark Gottfried while he was the head coach at SEC rival Alabama for 11 seasons from 1999-2009. His final game with the Tide was an 86-62 loss to the Vols at the 2009 SEC Tournament in Tampa, Fla.
- The Wolfpack enters Wednesday's game riding a five-game win streak, but they lost their only true road game this season, dropping a 68-57 decision at Cincinnati Nov. 12.
- Only two teams in Division I average fewer turnovers per game than Tennessee (9.1 tpg).
- At home this season, the Vols average just 7.8 turnovers per game while boasting a +4.5 turnover margin.
- In Tennessee's two losses this season, the Vols are shooting .549 from the foul line (45-of-82). In UT's six wins, the Vols are shooting .737 (126-of-171) at the charity stripe.
- Former Vol Dyron Nix (1986-89) passed away Sunday in Atlanta. He was 46. Nix was a two-time first-team All-SEC performer, and his 1,877 career points rank eighth in program history.
- Senior wing Jordan McRae totaled 26 points at 12th-ranked Wichita State (12/14/13) to become the 45th all-time member of Tennessee's 1,000-Point Club. He now has 1,005 points.
- McRae's career points total ranks third among active SEC players. Only Trevor Releford (Alabama) and Andre Stringer (LSU) have scored more.
Complete Game Notes