Dec. 20, 2013
- Senior guard Jordan McRae ranks second in the SEC in scoring, with 19.7
- Forwards Jeronne Maymon (13.0 ppg, 10.7 rpg) and Jarnell Stokes (12.3 ppg, 10.0 rpg) both are averaging a double-double over UT's last three games.
- Stokes ranks second in the SEC in total rebounding (9.7 rpg), and Maymon ranks third in the league (8.6 rpg).
- Among all freshmen in Division I, UT point guard Darius Thompson is tied for eighth nationally with 1.6 steals per game. He leads all SEC freshmen in steals.
- Only three teams in Division I average fewer turnovers per game than Tennessee (9.2 tpg).
- The Vols have been a much better scoring team in the second half this season. Through 10 games, UT averages 33.5 points in the first half and 39.5 points in the second half. Tennessee outscores its opponents by 7.1 points in the second half.
- The Vols are 0-3 this season when they lose the rebounding battle. The three teams that have out-rebounded Tennessee are Xavier, Wichita State and NC State.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series with Morehead State 3-0, dating to 1983. All meetings have taken place in Knoxville.
- Second-year Morehead State head coach Sean Woods starred as a player at Kentucky from 1989-92. He is UK's all-time leader in assists per game, with 5.3.
- The Eagles (8-5) have four players averaging 10 or more points per game this season. Their top scorer, junior guard Angelo Warner, averages 17.4 ppg.
- MSU junior Drew Kelly is a native of Franklin, Tenn., and is the nephew of UT and NFL offensive lineman legend Chad Clifton. Kelly is coming off a career-high 40-point performance Thursday vs. South Dakota.
- Morehead State senior Chad Posthumus ranks second in Division I in total rebounding (12.4 rpg) while leading the country in offensive rebounding (5.2 rpg).
- Morehead State ranks fifth nationally in offensive rebounds per game (16.1), while Tennessee ranks eighth nationally (15.9).
- Tennessee ranks fourth nationally in offensive rebounding percentage (.426).
- The Vols rank eighth nationally and first in the SEC in offensive rebounds per game (15.9).
- Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes combine to average 8.1 orpg.
- Maymon leads the SEC in offensive rebounding (4.2 orpg), while Stokes ranks third (3.9 orpg).
Complete Game Notes