Dec. 27, 2011
- During its current two-game win streak, Tennessee is shooting .472 as a team, and senior guard Cameron Tatum is averaging a team-best 15 points per game. Tatum is 7-for-10 from 3-point range over the last two games and is shooting .563 from the field.
- Tennessee's scoring defense has been solid at home, as the Vols are allowing just 65.2 points per game this season at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- Through the games of Dec. 26, the Vols lead the SEC in free-throw shooting (.716) while ranking second in 3-point percentage (.386), rebounding defense (33.0 rapg) and assists (14.8 apg).
- Only once in the last seven years has Tennessee shot better than 70 percent at the free-throw line (.701 in 2005-06). The Vols are shooting an SEC-best .716 at the charity stripe so far this season.
- On Friday, Dec. 23, five-star power forward Jarnell Stokes from Memphis, Tenn., signed with Tennessee. A consensus national top-20 prospect, Stokes will enroll for spring classes and will be eligible to play for the Vols upon completion of all required administrative processes.
- Jeronne Maymon leads the SEC in field-goal percentage (.609) while ranking third among league players in offensive rebounding (3.4 orpg) and fifth in total rebounding (7.9 rpg).
- Senior guard Cameron Tatum participated in graduation ceremonies on Dec. 9 (Africana Studies). Since December 2009, 10 Tennessee basketball players have earned their degrees.
- 82 percent of junior Skylar McBee's career field-goal attempts have been 3-pointers (192-235).
The Citadel Series
- Tennessee owns an 3-0 all-time record against The Citadel, dating to 1949 ... All three clashes have taken place in Knoxville, and the most recent was a 50-point win on Dec. 17, 2003 ... The Vols are 72-9 all-time against current members of the Southern Conference.
On This Date: Dec. 29
- Tennessee is 25-9-1 all-time on Dec. 29 and owns a four-game win streak on this date ... The Vols' last game on this date was a 68-62 home victory over UT-Martin in 2010.
Vols Approaching 1,500-Win Milestone
- Tennessee owns an all-time record of 1,495-951-2 (.611) ... The program needs just five victories to reach the 1,500-win milestone...