- This is the fourth contest of a six-game home-stand for Tennessee that began Dec. 13 and stretches through Jan. 9.
- The Volunteers are a perfect 5-0 at home this season and own a 20-4 home record under second-year head coach Cuonzo Martin.
- Vols point guard Trae Golden is averaging 17.0 points, 5.7 assists and 3.7 rebounds during UT's current home-stand (last three games)
- Over the last three games, UT has a double-digit edge in both scoring margin (+13.0 ppg) and rebounding margin (+11.7 rpg).
- After missing last Tuesday's game with a strained hamstring, senior forward Kenny Hall returned last Friday to grab a career-high 13 rebounds in the win over Western Carolina.
- As a head coach, Cuonzo Martin is 3-0 vs. current members of the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- For last Saturday's home game vs. Wofford, Xavier wore special green and white uniforms, socks and shoes to honor those who perished at Sandy Hook Elementary. The jerseys and shorts will be auctioned at GoXavier.com through Jan. 4 and the proceeds will benefit the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.
- Xavier freshman Semaj Christon leads the Musketeers in scoring (14.2 ppg) and has already garnered two A-10 Rookie of the Week awards.