- Scott Altizer is in his second tenure on the Vols football staff having served in different capacities on Butch Jones, Derek Dooley and Phillip Fulmer's staffs during his 20-year career at Tennessee.
- Altizer returned to the football staff in September 2011 after a brief stint in the athletic department's event management department.
- Altizer has worked in many capacities during his tenure at the university including the position of Director of Football Relations where he was in charge of overseeing all facets of the recruiting process for the Vols.
- Those duties included the day to day operation of the recruiting office, overseeing official and unofficial prospect visits, head coaches recruiting schedule and travel, and the direction and supervision of all recruiting office personnel.
- Altizer has also served as the liaison from the football office to the Thornton Academic Center and the Undergraduate Admissions Office as it pertains to prospective student-athletes and their admission process while working with the compliance office to ensure that all Vol football signees have a seamless transition through the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- In a valued area for the Vols storied program, Altizer has also overseen the walk-on program.
- Altizer began his athletic administration career as a graduate assistant in the football recruiting office in 1994. He then served as the Director of High School Relations and was promoted to the Coordinator of Football Operations and was in that role thru the 2008 season.
- Altizer is a native of Morristown, Tenn. and attended Furman University where he was a four year baseball letterman and enjoyed a brief professional career after graduation in 1993.
- He and his wife, the former Sandy Apple of Morristown, have two girls, Samantha and Sarah.