- Derrick Lett came to Tennessee after spending the last four seasons as the passing game coordinator at Bowling Green (Ohio) High School.
- Began his coaching career at Bowling Green High School in 2009 where he was responsible for the quarterbacks and wide receivers.
- Played at Bowling Green State from 2001-05 under the direction of current Tennessee wide receiver's coach Zach Azzanni where he was a part of a 2004 receiving corps that was was ranked third-best in the nation by Athlon Sports.
- Was a part of two bowl game victories during his time at Bowling Green defeating Northwestern in the Motor City Bowl 28-24 in 2003 followed by a 52-35 win over Memphis in the GMAC Bowl following the 2004 season.
- Lett and his wife Andi have two daughters Jaela (5) and Alise (3).