- Heather Ervin is in her 13th year on the University of Tennessee's football staff and fifth as the only female in the Southeastern Conference to hold the title of Assistant Director for Football Operations.
- Ervin helps to manage the head football coach's daily schedule, while assisting with all non-coaching aspects associated with football operations. This includes arranging summer employment opportunities for student-athletes and working closely with the Thornton Center in monitoring student-athletes' class attendance.
- In addition, she serves as chief liaison for all player family event functions, as well as managing the recently created website, www.volparents.com, exclusively for player's families. Ervin is also substantially involved with official and unofficial on campus recruiting visits.
- On gamedays, Ervin can be found overseeing the Wolf-Kaplan Room pre-game. Post-game, Ervin is stationed at the Lauricella Center Lettermen's Room for post-game functions.
- The Sweetwater native holds both a bachelor's degree in health and human services and a master's degree in sports and fitness management from Troy University, where she played basketball and later served as a graduate assistant basketball coach for two years.
- She earlier played two seasons at Hiwassee College in nearby Madisonville, Tennessee. While at Hiwassee, Ervin helped the Tigers to a combined 57-10 record and two trips to the NJCAA national tournament.
- During her days at Sweetwater High School, Ervin set 12 track and field school records and still owns nine of those. She also lettered in basketball and softball.
- Ervin and her husband, Harry, who also hails from Sweetwater, reside in Maryville with their daughters Jasmine, 10 and Jada, 6 and nephew Jordan, 15.