- Coached and played in seven bowl games
- In 2012, coached running backs for the Vols, during which the Vols more than doubled their rushing output, from 70.4 yards per game in 2011 to 160.3 yards per game this season
- Joined the Vols after three seasons at South Carolina, where he coached running backs and tight ends during his tenure
- Tutored standout running back Marcus Lattimore while with the Gamecocks, who was on pace to become the first South Carolina rusher to post consecutive 1,000-yard seasons for the school since Heisman Trophy winner George Rogers before suffering an ankle injury that sidelined him for the final five games
- Rushed for 2,609 yards as a Vol from 1993-96 and ranks seventh on the Tennessee career rushing yards list
- His 11 100-yard games in 1995 are the most in one season UT history, and his 14 career 100-yard games rank second in Tennessee history
- Earned All-SEC second team honors as both a junior and a senior and helped the Vols to three bowl victories.
- Also coached at Miami (Ohio), UT Martin, San Diego, and UT Chattanooga
- Began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Tennessee.
- Was a third-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 1997 and spent six seasons in the NFL with Baltimore, Seattle, and Green Bay.