Sept. 19, 2009
- Tennessee falls to No. 1 Florida 23-13 and drops to 1-2 (0-1 SEC). The Gators take the all-time advantage in the series at 20-19 and stretch their current winning streak over the Vols to five games.
- Tennessee falls to 2-6 vs. No. 1-ranked teams all-time and 0-3 vs. the No. 1-ranked Gators.
- Tennessee is now 33-40-3 in SEC openers dating to 1933 and 8-10 since conference expansion in 1992. The Vols are also now 8-10 in SEC road openers since 1992.
- Tennessee is now 5-1 all-time on Sept. 19 and 2-1 vs. Florida.
- Senior tailback Montario Hardesty carried 20 times for 96 yards and one touchdown. The New Bern, N.C., native has now produced his three largest career single-game rushing totals in the 2009 season (160 vs. WKU and 89 vs. UCLA). His single-game high entering the season was 78 at Mississippi State in 2007.
- The touchdown was his third of the season and his 16th career rushing score.
- Through three games, Hardesty is averaging 5.39 yards per carry. He has been UT's leading rusher in every contest this season.
- Junior kicker Daniel Lincoln connected on field goals of 20 and 24 yards in the first half to keep him a perfect 4-for-4 on the season.
- Dating to the 2008 Vanderbilt game, Lincoln has now made six of his last seven attempts.
- Lincoln, a 2007 All-America selection, now stands in sixth place on UT's career field goal list with 35 conversions.
- Junior safety Eric Berry corralled his 13th career interception in the second quarter. The pick ties Berry for the active career lead among all NCAA bowl subdivision players and moves him into a four-way tie for sixth place in school history.
- Berry also led the Vols with 11 tackles, including two for a loss. It is his sixth career double-digit tackle effort and his second of the season.
- He has posted 173 career tackles and 13.5 career tackles for loss.
- Tennessee rushed 32 times for 117 yards. The yardage total was the Vols' largest vs. Florida since the 2004 contest (192 yards).
- Freshman tailback Bryce Brown had 11 offensive touches for a total of 55 yards. He carried eight times for 21 yards and caught three passes for 34 yards. His three catches are a career-high.
- Junior wide receiver Gerald Jones caught his first pass of the season, a 17-yard grab, on Tennessee's opening possession. Jones missed the season opener and played sparingly vs. UCLA due to an ankle injury.
- Senior tight end Jeff Cottam caught his first pass of the season in the fourth quarter, a four-yard reception. He has five career receptions.
- Junior defensive end Chris Walker posted a career-high seven tackles and two sacks in the game. The two sacks give him four for the season and seven for his career. It was his first career multiple-sack game.
- Junior Dennis Rogan recovered a Tim Tebow fumble in the fourth quarter and returned it 35 yards. It was his third career recovery but his first return.
- Rogan also took a reverse on a kickoff return 24 yards, which moves him alone into fourth place in school history with 1,143 kickoff return yards.
- Junior defensive end Ben Martin earned his first career start in place of Gerald Williams. The Cincinnati, Ohio, native had played in 22 career games prior to making the starting lineup. He posted his second sack of the season and third in his career on Florida's opening offensive series.
- Junior linebacker LaMarcus Thompson set a career high with seven tackles. The Lithonia, Ga., native previously posted five tackles vs. Western Kentucky in the season opener.
- Freshman safety Janzen Jackson posted a career-high six tackles. His previous high of two came vs. UCLA on Sept. 12.
- Senior linebacker Nick Reveiz posted four tackles, including two for a loss. The two TFLs give him three for the season. It was his first career multiple TFL game.
- Freshman linebacker Greg King posted his first career tackle, which was a TFL.