Sept. 20, 2008
- Tennessee falls to 1-2, 0-1 in the SEC. Florida improves to 3-0, 1-0 in the SEC.
- The Vols entered the game receiving votes in both the Associated Press and USA Today polls; Florida is ranked fourth in both polls.
- Tennessee returns to action Sept. 27 when it travels to Auburn in the Vols' 2008 SEC road opener. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on CBS.
- The all-time series is tied at 19. The Vols lead the overall series in Knoxville 11-9.
- Fulmer now owns a 5-12 record all-time against Florida.
- Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer's record now stands at 148-47 (.759) in 17 seasons with the Vols.
- Fulmer now owns a 59-19 record against opponents in the SEC East Division.
- Junior QB Jonathan Crompton finished the game 18-of-28 for 162 yards and one INT. He also rushed seven times for 22 yards.
- Crompton put the Vols on the board with a one-yard plunge at the beginning of the fourth quarter. It marked the first rushing touchdown of his career.
- The Waynesville, N.C., scrambled for 12 yards in the third quarter to set a career-high rush.
- Senior WR Lucas Taylor caught a pass in the third quarter to extend his streak to 17 consecutive games with a reception. That mark is tied for eighth longest in UT history. Marcus Nash caught a pass in 39 straight games from 1994-98.
- Taylor finished the game with two receptions for 24 yards.
- Sophomore WR Gerald Jones led the Vols with five receptions for 40 yards. The five receptions mark a career-best and the yards tie his career-high. Jones also rushed four times for 18 yards. Sophomore TE Luke Stocker had three receptions for 25 yards. The receptions and yards were career-highs.
- Senior Tennessee tailback Arian Foster rushed 14 times for 37 yards.
- Foster now has 2,627 yards for his career and is in sixth place on UT's all-time rushing list. He passed Jay Graham (2,609) today and is only 10 yards short of passing
- Cedric Houston for fifth place.
- Foster started his 17th consecutive game today. That is the longest starting streak at TB for Tennessee since Jay Graham started 24 consecutive games in the 1995 and 96 seasons.
- Sophomore DB Eric Berry stopped Florida's first drive of the second half with the first sack of his career.
- Berry finished the game with eight tackles to put him over 100 for his career. The eight tackles is a season-high.
- Junior LB Rico McCoy led the Vols with 10 tackles. It is the fourth 10-tackle game of McCoy's career and first this season.
- Sophomore DB Dennis Rogan tied his career-high with six tackles. Junior DE Wes Brown set a career-high with five tackles.
- Sophomore DB Dennis Rogan finished the game with six KORs for 165 yards (27.5 avg.)
- Rogan opened the second half with a 43-yard kickoff return. It ties for the longest KOR this season for UT. (Gerald Jones had a 43-yard KOR at UCLA) It is the second longest KOR in Rogan's career. He returned a kickoff 78 yards last season against Arkansas.
- The 165 KOR yards is a career-high.
- For the season, Rogan has eight KORs for 215 yards (26.9 avg.).
- Today's attendance was 106,138.
- Tennessee's game captains today were seniors Robert Ayers, Arian Foster, Ramon Foster, Anthony Parker and Ellix Wilson and juniors Austin Rogers and Dan Williams.