Nov. 29, 2008
- Tennessee's record improves to 5-7 (3-5 SEC); Kentucky falls to 6-6 (2-6 SEC) on the year.
- The Vols entered the game unranked in both the Associated Press and USA Today polls; The Wildcats were also unranked in both polls.
- Tennessee now leads the all-time series with Kentucky 72-23-9, dating to 1893.
- Tennessee's win tonight was its 24th consecutive against Kentucky, extending the longest active streak in major college football.
- UT now holds a 38-10-6 advantage in Knoxville.
- Fulmer is 16-0 against the Wildcats
- Tennessee head coach Phillip Fulmer's record now stands at 152-52 (.745) in 17 seasons with the Vols.
- Fulmer now owns a 98-37 record in the SEC and is 49-16 in SEC home games.
- Six different Vols rushed for at least 15 yards tonight, led by sophomore Gerald Jones who had 67.
- Jones' 55-yard rush in the fourth quarter to the Kentucky 1-yard line was a career-long rush for the Oklahoma native and was also UT's longest rush of the season. Jones finished with five carries for 67 yards and one touchdown.
- Senior Arian Foster rushed for 59 yards on 21 carries. The San Diego native finishes second on UT's career rushing list with 2,964 yards.
- Sophomore Eric Berry rushed for 26 yards on three carries, including a career-long 23-yard rush in the third quarter.
- Jonathan Crompton made big plays in the air and on the ground in his sixth start of the season.
- Crompton's 63-yard touchdown pass to Denarius Moore was a career-long pass for Crompton and the longest pass of the season for Tennessee.
- The Waynesville, N.C., native was 6-of-8 passing for 101 yards and one touchdown and also rushed eight times for 17 yards and one touchdown.
- Senior Robert Ayers recorded one TFL Saturday to finish with a team-high 15.5 on the season.
- The Clio, S.C., native has 12.5 TFLs excluding sacks which is the fourth highest single season total in Tennessee history.
- In his final career UT appearance, Ayers finished with six tackles.
- Kentucky's longest rush of the game was 16 yards. For the season, Tennessee only allowed one rushing play of over 20 yards. UAB quarterback Joe Webb's 23-yard rush in the second game of the season was the longest UT gave up all season.
- Senior linebacker Nevin McKenzie had UT's only sack of the day and finishes with a team-high five for the season.
- Senior linebacker Ellix Wilson led the team with nine tackles. It was the fifth time this season, Wilson led the team in tackles.
- Senior punter Britton Colquitt punted four times for 179 yards for an average of 44.8 yards tonight.
- The Knoxville native finishes his career with 209 punts for 8,897 yards (42.569 avg.)
- The 42.569 average is the third highest average in UT history behind family members Jimmy and Dustin.
- Attendance: 102,388
- Tennessee's captains tonight were defensive end Robert Ayers, offensive tackle Ramon Foster, wide receiver Lucas Taylor, linebacker Ellix Wilson, tailback Montario Hardesty and safety Eric Berry. They were named permanent team captains in the week leading up to the Mississippi State game (Oct. 18).
- Tonight marked the final game at Neyland Stadium for 24 Tennessee seniors, each of whom made the traditional solo run through the "T" during pregame. The seniors are Robert Ayers, Brett Barnes, Demonte Bolden, Josh Briscoe, Jake Brown, Britton Colquitt, Stephen Darville, Walter Fisher, Arian Foster, Ramon Foster, Brent Freeman, Derrick Furlow, Antonio Gaines, Ryan Hill, Nevin McKenzie, Adam Myers-White, Anthony Parker, Lucas Taylor, Brett Thomason, Phillip Tritapoe, Ben Weisensel, Ja'Kouri Williams, DeAngelo Willingham and Ellix Wilson.
- Wide receiver Quintin Hancock made his first career start.
- Tonight's game was only the third night November start in Neyland Stadium history. Previous night games in November were 1983 against Mississippi and 1999 against Notre Dame.