Bray Media Session
Young Media Session
James Media Session
Waggner Media Session
Lathers Media Session
Lane Media Session
Richardson Media Session
Saulsberry Media Session
Worley Media Session
Shaw Signed To Browns Active Roster
Vols At SC On ESPN 3D
Vols-Bama Draws 4.2 Mil
Dooley Media Session
Bullard Media Session
Couch Media Session
Hunter Media Session
Jackson Media Session
Maggitt Media Session
Moore Media Session
Stone Media Session
Conklin Media Session
Pittman Media Session
Palermo Media Session
Hinshaw Media Session
Coiner Media Session
- Saturday's game marks the 31st all-time meeting between Tennessee and South Carolina. The Vols are 22-6-2 vs. the Gamecocks in the all-time series despite losses in the last two matchups. UT won a series-best 12 consecutive games over South Carolina from 1993-2004.
- Since 2000, no matchup in the SEC has a narrower average margin of victory than the 9.17 between Tennessee and South Carolina
- In the last 10 meetings from 2002-11, the game has been within a touchdown in the fourth quarter six times and has gone to overtime twice (2007, 2003).
- South Carolina has more total offense than the Vols in nine consecutive meetings since 2003, but UT is 5-4 vs. the Gamecocks in those nine meetings
- Tennessee's last win over a ranked team was against No. 21 South Carolina, 31-13, on Halloween night (Oct. 31) in 2009 at Neyland Stadium
- The Vols' last win over a top 20 team in the regular season also came against No. 15 South Carolina, a 27-24 win on Oct. 27, 2007, in Knoxville.
- The Vols are averaging 168.4 yards rushing per
game in 2012, an increase of 78.3 yards per game more than and almost double last season's final total of 90.1 rushing yards per game.
- UT is averaging 78.8 rushing yards more per game
than its 89.6 through seven games in 2011.
- The Vols have played five BCS schools thus far
in 2012. Tennessee is averaging 152.6 yards rushing in those five games, an increase of 82.2 yards per game over the 70.4 rushing yards per game the Vols averaged vs. BCS opponents in 2011.
- Tennessee rushed for 213 yards at Mississippi
State, the first 200-yard rushing game on the road for the Vols since 2009 at Kentucky and only the fifth in an SEC road game for UT in the last nine seasons.
A Tennessee Win Would...
- Represent the first win over both South Carolina and any ranked opponent since a 31-13 win over the 21st-ranked Gamecocks on 10/31/09 in Knoxville. A win would improve the Vols to 4-4 on the season.
- Be the first road win over a ranked team for the Vols since a 51-33 win over Georgia on Oct. 7, 2006 and the first over a top 20 team since a 21-17 win over No. 18 Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1, 2008.
- Be the first Tennessee win over a top 20 team in the regular season since beating No. 15 South Carolina, 27-24, in overtime on Oct. 27, 2007, in Knoxville.
- Mark the 798th victory in UT history, two wins shy of becoming the eighth program to reach 800 wins.