Oct. 29, 2012
Bartholomew Media Session
Lathers Media Session
Maggitt Media Session
Rivera Media Session
Richardson Media Session
Thomas Media Session
Bray Media Session
Couch Media Session
Downs Media Session
Fulton Media Session
Hunter Media Session
Neal Media Session
Rogers Media Session
Conklin Media Session
Graham Media Seesion
Hinshaw Media Session
Pittman Media Session
A Salute To Tradition
Exceeding Expectations: Patterson Feature
- Saturday's game is the first-ever meeting between Tennessee and Troy. The Trojans are the fifth Sun Belt team on the Vols' schedule in the last five years (also: Middle Tennessee 2011, Western Kentucky 2009, Louisiana Lafayette 2007, Arkansas State 2007)..
- Tennessee is 7-1 all-time vs. the current members of the Sun Belt Conference, with the lone loss happening 37 years ago in a 21-14 defeat at home to North Texas in 1975.
- The Vols currently own a non-conference regularseason winning streak of nine games, dating to the UAB game on Sept. 25, 2010. This marks the longest non-conference winning streak for Tennessee since a 10-game streak from 2000-02 (2000 So. Miss through 2002 Rutgers)
- Tennessee has also won eight in a row at home vs. non-conference opponents dating to the UAB game.
- The Vols have also won 11 in a row vs. opponents from non-BCS conferences since the beginning of the 2009 season (starting with 2009 Western Kentucky).
- Tennessee is 68-17-3 all-time on Homecoming. The Vols have won three consecutive Homecoming games, including a 27-0 shutout of MTSU, also of the Sun Belt, last season. UT has won 26 of its last 28 Homecoming games.
- Tennessee opens its November schedule with Saturday's game vs. Troy. The Vols are 39-11 (.780) during November since 2000 with wins in 17 of the last 22 games in the month since a win over Vanderbilt on Nov. 18, 2006.
- UT has also won eight of its last 10 in November since a 31-16 win on Nov. 21, 2009 over Vanderbilt.
- The Vols are 76-14 (.844) in November in the last 21 seasons since 1990. In the decade of the 90's, UT was 37-3 (.925) in November and won 21 consecutive during the month from 1990-96.
A Tennessee Win Would...
- Improve the Vols to 77-14 in November since 1990 and 7-2 during the month since 2010.
- Mark the 10th consecutive regular season non-conference victory for Tennessee, the longest for the Vols since a 10-game streak between 2000-02.
- Improve the Vols to 4-5 and snap a four-game losing streak.
- Extend Tennessee's home-winning streak in November to eight consecutive games since the Kentucky game in 2008. A win would also improve UT to 12-1 at home in November since a win over UK on 11/25/06.
- Give Tennessee its 27th win in its last 29 Homecoming games dating to 1984.
- Mark the 798th victory in UT history, two wins shy of becoming the eighth program to reach 800 wins.