Oct. 31, 2011
- The Tennessee Vols continue their 115th season with their second all-time meeting against the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders. Kickoff is slated for 7:08 p.m. on FSN. UT is 792-345-53 (.688) all-time.
- The Tennessee Legends of the Game on Saturday will be Jeff Smith (1992-95) and Richard Pickens (1966-68).
- The Vols won the lone meeting in the series, a 26-3 victory over MTSU on Sept. 7, 2002.
- A win over Middle Tennessee would mark the sixth consecutive win over a non-conference opponent for UT dating to a win over UAB on Sept. 25, 2010.
- Among current Sun Belt members, UT is 2-0 vs. Louisiana, 1-0 vs. Arkansas State, MTSU, Louisiana-Monroe and Western Kentucky, and 0-1 vs. North Texas.
- UT is 67-17-3 all-time in homecoming games.
- Since 2006, Tennessee has won nine consecutive games over in-state opponents (5-0 vs. Vanderbilt, 3-0 vs. Memphis, 1-0 vs. UT-Martin).
- UT is 6-1 all-time vs. current members of the Sun Belt Conference. The Vols lost to North Texas State, 21-14 on Oct. 25, 1975. The school is now known as the University of North Texas and competes as a member of the Sun Belt.
- The Vols have won six consecutive November games since Nov. 21, 2009 and 13 of 16 in the month since 2007.
A Tennessee Win Would...
- Improve the Vols to 4-5 overall and extend Tennessee's non-conference winning streak to six games.
- Mark the ninth consecutive win over an in-state opponent since 2006. A win would also improve UT to 2-0 all-time vs. Middle Tennessee.
- Give the Vols their sixth win in their last nine games at Neyland Stadium and their eighth win in the last 13 regular-season games overall.
- Mark Tennessee's seventh consecutive win in the month of November dating to Nov. 21, 2009. A win would also improve UT to 14-3 in their last 17 November games since 2007 and 75-12 in November games since 1990.
- Mark the first time the Vols swept their regular-season non-conference slate since 2006, when they defeated No. 9 California, Air Force, Marshall and Memphis.
Last Game - No. 14 South Carolina 14, Tennessee 3
- The Vols fell to 3-5 with a 14-3 loss to No. 14 South Carolina at Neyland Stadium on October 29.
- Freshman linebacker A.J. Johnson recorded 12 tackles, becoming the first UT true freshman with three 10+ tackle games. Johnson now has three of top six single-game tackle performances by a true freshman in UT history.
- Johnson has 57 tackles this season, and his 12-tackle effort vs. South Carolina moved him past Reggie White (51 tackles in 1980) and into third place on the Tennessee freshman single-season tackle list.
- DB Prentiss Waggner recorded his sixth career interception and his second sack of the season.
- Five Vols made their first career starts: QB Justin Worley, LG Marcus Jackson, WR Rajion Neal, DB Byron Moore, and DT Maurice Couch. A total of 21 Vols have made their first career start in 2011 (22 Vols did so in 2010).
- Tennessee begins its November schedule with Saturday's game vs. MTSU...during the last 11 seasons since 2000, the Vols are 37-9 in November (.804)...UT has won 15 of its last 18 games during the month since a 39-10 win at Vanderbilt on Nov. 18, 2006.
- UT has won six consecutive November games since Nov. 21, 2009 and 13 of the last 16 in the month since 2007.
- The Vols are 74-12 (.860) in November in the last 21 seasons since 1990, including an astounding 37-3 (.925) record in regular-season games in November or later during the decade of the 1990s.
- The Vols were 51-3 (.944) in November from 1991-2003 and are 19-8 (.704) during the month since 2004...UT won 21 consecutive November games between 1990-96.