Nov. 7, 2011
- The Tennessee Vols continue their 115th season with their 17th all-time meeting against Arkansas. Kickoff in Fayetteville is slated for 6:00 p.m. EST/5:00 PM CST on ESPN2. UT is 793-345-53 (.688) all-time.
- The Vols won the last meeting between the two schools, a 34-13 win in Knoxville in 2007. In the last meeting in Fayetteville, then-No. 11 Arkansas beat then-No. 13 UT, 31-14 for the largest Hog victory in the series.
- UT will play its school-record sixth regular-season night game, in addition to making its fifth appearance on ESPN2, one off the school record for most appearances on one network (Six on CBS in 1998).
- Tennessee is 13-3 all-time vs. Arkansas, including a 2-2 record in Fayetteville (wins in 1995 and 2001, losses in 1999 and 2006). UT won all three games vs. the Razorbacks in Little Rock (1907, 1993, 1997) and is 6-1 vs. Arkansas in Knoxville. The Vols were ranked No. 3 in 1999 and lost to unranked Arkansas in Fayetteville, 28-24.
- With Arkansas currently ranked No. 8, all three of UT's SEC West opponents in 2011 were in the top eight at the time of the game (#1 LSU, #2 Alabama).
- Tennessee is 4-1 vs. Arkansas in games in which the Razorbacks enter ranked in the Top 25. The lone loss for the Vols was in 2006 in Fayetteville.
A Tennessee Win Would...
- Improve the Vols to 5-5 overall this season, mark UT's second consecutive win over Arkansas and improve Tennessee to 14-3 all-time vs. Arkansas and 3-2 in games played in the series in Fayetteville.
- Give the Vols their ninth win in the last 14 regular-season games and snap a five-game losing streak in SEC games.
- Mark Tennessee's eighth consecutive win in the month of November dating to Nov. 21, 2009. A win would also improve UT to 17-3 in their last 20 November games since 2006 and 76-12 in November games since 1990.
- Be the third win in the last five road games for the Vols since Nov. 6, 2010 at Memphis.
Last Game - Tennessee 24, MTSU 0
- Tennessee defeated Middle Tennessee, 24-0, on homecoming in Knoxville on Nov. 5, posting the first shutout for the Vols since Sept. 3, 2010 vs. UT Martin (50-0) and the first against a D-I FBS team since a 48-0 win over Vanderbilt on Nov. 22, 2003.
- Freshman QB Justin Worley completed 23 of 32 passes for 291 yards and one touchdown, while Da'Rick Rogers caught nine passes for 137 yards and a touchdown. RB Tauren Poole also rushed for two touchdowns in the win.
- Senior LB Austin Johnson led the team with seven tackles while also recording his second interception of 2011.
- Tennessee's time of possession against Middle Tennessee (39:14) was its highest since having the ball for 40:22 against Texas A&M in the 2005 Cotton Bowl (1/1/05).
- Tennessee continues its November schedule with Saturday's game at Arkansas. Over the last 11 seasons since 2000, the Vols are 38-9 in November (.809). UT has won 16 of its last 19 games during the month since a 39-10 win at Vanderbilt on Nov. 18, 2006, and has seven consecutive November victories since Nov. 21, 2009.
- The Vols are 75-12 (.862) in November in the last 21 seasons since 1990, including 37-3 (.925) record in regular-season games in November or later during the decade of the 1990s.
- The Vols were 51-3 (.944) in November from 1991-2003 and are 20-8 (.714) during the month since 2004...UT won 21 consecutive November games between 1990-96.