Videos / Photos
News / Features
- #VolReport: Vanderbilt Preview
- Butch Jones Media Session
- Zach Fulton Media Session
- Jacques Smith Media Session
- Marlon Walls Media Session
- Dontavis Sapp Media Session
- Ja'Wuan James Media Session
- Joshua Dobbs Media Session
- #AskAVol With Daniel McCullers
- Vols To Be Featured On CBS' Open Season
- Thru The Lens: VFLs In Chiefs at Broncos
- This Day In #Vols History (Nov. 19)
AT FIRST GLANCE - VANDERBILT
- Saturday's game is the 107th all-time meeting between Tennessee and Vanderbilt and the 49th in Knoxville. The 106 meetings dating to 1892 vs. the Commodores are the second-most for any UT opponent (UT has played Kentucky 108 times since 1893).
- Tennessee is 73-28-5 all-time against Vanderbilt, including a 37-10-1 record at Neyland Stadium and a 36-18-4 mark in Nashville.
- Tennessee has won 28 of the last 30 meetings against Vanderbilt since 1983, 34 of the last 37 since 1976, and six of the last seven since 2006. UT has won 17 of the last 18 games in Knoxville over Vanderbilt since 1977.
- The Vols are averaging 29.0 points per game in their last 15 meetings vs. Vanderbilt since 1998 (UT 13-2 since then).
- Saturday's game against Vanderbilt marks the last game at Neyland Stadium for Tennessee's senior class.
- 28 players will participate in Senior Day festivities: Joseph Ayres, Austin Bolen, Brent Brewer, Alex Bullard, J.R. Carr, Tyler Coombes, Raiques Crump, Tyler Drummer, Zach Fulton, Gregory Grieco, Daniel Hood, Ja'Wuan James, Reggie Juin, Greg King, Daniel McCullers, Corey Miller, Byron Moore, Rajion Neal, Tyler Page, Michael Palardy, Brett Parisi, John Propst, Dontavis Sapp, Jacques Smith, James Stone, Dakota Summers, Marlon Walls, and Dylan West.
- Tennessee is 27-1 on Senior Day since 1985
A TENNESSEE WIN WOULD...
- Mark the 29th win over Vanderbilt in the last 31 meetings since 1983 as well as the 35th win in the last 38 games vs. the Commodores since 1976.
- Represent the 18th win in 19 meetings vs. Vanderbilt at Neyland Stadium since 1977.
- Improve Tennessee to 5-6 and allow the Vols to remain in contention for bowl eligibility this season.
- Give the Vols a 28-1 record in their last 29 Senior Day games while also improving UT to 5-2 at Neyland Stadium and giving the Vols an 11-5 mark in their last 16 games at home.
- Improve Tennessee's record in November games to 79-18 (.814) since 1990.
- By making his 48th career start on Saturday vs. Vanderbilt, senior offensive lineman Ja'Wuan James will tie Jeff Smith (1992-95) for the Tennessee record for most career starts by an offensive lineman.
- James has started every game at right tackle since the season opener his freshman year in 2010. If the Vols appear in a bowl game this season and James plays against both Kentucky and in a bowl game, he would also tie Dallas Thomas (2009-12) for the most career games played by an offensive lineman with 50.
- Tennessee has played seven ranked teams in the regular season for the first time in school history: at #2 Oregon, at #19 Florida, #6 Georgia, #11 South Carolina, at #1 Alabama, at #10 Missouri, and #7 Auburn.
- Through Nov. 16, the seven ranked opponents for UT are the most for any team in the nation this season.
- In 1991, UT played six ranked teams in the regular season (#21 UCLA, #23 Mississippi St., #13 Auburn, at #10 Florida, at #14 Alabama, at #5 Notre Dame). UT also played #6 Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl that season.
- According to Stats, Inc., Tennessee is the first team since Pitt in 1993 to play seven ranked teams in an eight-game span.
- According to NCAA.com, the winning pct. of Tennessee's cumulative opposition to date is .739, tied for the second-highest in the nation this season.
- The Vols are 41-15 (.732) during November since 2000, including a 19-9 record (.679) in the month since a win over Vanderbilt on Nov. 18, 2006.
- The Vols are 78-18 (.813) in November in the last 24 seasons since 1990. In the decade of the 90's, UT was 37-3 (.925) in November and won 21 consecutive during the month from 1990-96.
- All-time, the Vols are 310-123-21 for a .706 win percentage in November.