CAREER SCORECARD (Through November 5, 2013)
|Year||Trns.||Rds.||Strokes||Avg.||Low||High||Par or Better||T10||T25|
|Carpet Capital Collegiate||80-75-78--233||67|
|Bank of Tennessee||70-70-70--210||8t|
|Bank of Tennessee||72-75-83--230||67t|
|John Hayt Invitational||83-75--158||76t|
|Bobby Nichols Intercollegiate||72-76--148||8t|
Awards & Honors
- 2013 SEC Community Service Team
- 2013 SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll
- 2012 Rolex Junior All-American Team: Honorable Mention
- Tennessee's Student-Athlete of the Month (November)
- Shot a career low round of 66 on the final day of the Gifford Collegiate.
- Season-best finish of T-8th at the Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate, 70-70-70--210 (-6).
- First start of the season came at the Carpet Capital Collegiate where he placed 67th.
- Started five of the team's 12 tournaments (played in two tournaments as an individual - Bobby Nichols and Furman Triangular).
- Had a 74.88 stroke average for his freshman season.
- Finished freshman season with five rounds of par or better.
- Best finish was tied for 2nd at the Furman Triangular.
- Competed as the fifth stater in the 2013 SEC Championship.
- Shot a season-best round of 69 at the Furman Triangular.
- Selected to the 2013 SEC Community Service Team
- Rolex Junior All-American Team: Honorable Mention
- Finished T-32nd in first collegiate golf tournament (Windon Memorial).
- At Bobby Nichols Intercollegiate, led tournament with eight birdies.
Prior to Tennessee
- Claimed medalist runner-up honors at 2011 Ohio State High School Division I Golf Championship, leading to first team All-State honors.
- His school, Jerome High, swept both boys and girls titles for second time in seven years and remains only Ohio school to accomplish this feat.
- Born Feb. 8, 1994, in Lawrence, Kan.
- Major: Finance
- Parents are Chuck and Cherie Merzbacher
- Valedictorian of high school class
- Hobbies: Tennis
- Favorite Musician: Kenny Chesney
- Recipient of the Gene & Becky Hartman Athletic Scholarship