John Scott Rattan
|Year||Trns.||Rds.||Strokes||Avg.||Low||High||Par or Better||T10||T25|
|2000-01 (James Madison)||11||26||1,951||75.04||68||--||2||3||11|
|Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate||76-73-77--226||37t|
|Carpet Capital Collegiate||79-73-79--231||72t|
|Gary Koch Intercollegiate||72-71--143||19t|
|Tournament of Champions||69-70-69--208||5|
|Hawaii Fall Classic||73-73-73--219||10t|
|Cleveland Golf Collegiate||73-73-74--220||41t|
|N.C. State Invitational||76-73-75--224||60t|
|NCAA East Regional||70-73-74--217||30t|
|Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate||69-68-78--215||9t|
|Carpet Capital Collegiate||72-77-69--218||25t|
|Tournament of Champions||70-71-73--214||14t|
|Cleveland Golf Collegiate||77-76-76--229||64t|
|NCAA East Regional||76-72-73--221||50t|
|Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate||68-78-70--216||10t|
|Gary Koch Intercollegiate||79-77-75--231||59t|
|Tournament of Champions||71-75-75--221||37t|
|Carpet Capital Collegiate||81-83-76--240||81t|
|Plantation Club Intercollegiate||71-74-77--222||31t|
|NCAA East Regional||70-68-68--206||8t|
Awards & Honors
- 2004 All-SEC (2nd team)
- 2004 Academic All-SEC
- Competed for James Madison as freshman.
- Notched three top-10 finishes as a member of the Dukes squad while failing to finish outside the top-25 in any event.
- Sat out as redshirt/transfer.
- Made immediate impact on Volunteers lineup, playing in every tournament but one during debut season.
- Compiled 74.42 stroke average that was fourth on team.
- Best outing came at the Coca-Cola Tournament of Champions where he recorded his low round (69), best finish (t-5th), and low 54-hole total (208) ... .
- Helped lead team to strong SEC finish by tying for 10th.
- Concluded season with strong showing at NCAA Championship Finals, finishing second on the team behind David Skinns.
- Steady member of junior Vols trio along with teammates Ross McGowan and David Skinns.
- Came out firing to start fall season, notching career-low round of 68 at Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate (later tied that score in opening round of SEC Championship.
- Recorded best collegiate finish at Landfall Tradition, firing 69-71-71--211 to tie for third.
- Finished season with 14 rounds of par or better en route to 73.22 scoring average.
- Named to All-SEC second team as well as Academic All-SEC squad.
- Saved best season finish for last with tie for eighth at NCAA East Regional.
- Opened that event with 70 and then posted consecutive 68s to match career low round and also register collegiate best 54-hole score of 206.
- Also finished 10th at season-opening Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate.
- Posted scoring average of 74.81 and had eight rounds of par or better.
- Highly touted prep and amateur golfer from state of Maryland.
- In 2001, claimed second place at Maryland Stroke Play Championship.
- Also quarterfinalist at 2001 Maryland State Amateur.
- Claimed Maryland Class AAAA State High School Championships title in 1999.