Jan. 19, 2013
KNOXVILLE -- The Vols opened their Saturday doubleheader with a 4-0 victory over Oklahoma State at Goodfriend Tennis Center.
After winning a closely contested doubles point, Tennessee (3-0) won first sets on all six courts and the pieces started falling into place after that.
Junior Jarryd Chaplin was first off the court with a 6-1, 6-1 victory on court 3 against OSU's Matt Campbell. Sophomore Brandon Fickey followed a few minutes later with a 6-1, 6-1 win against Denys Pume on court 4.
Several Vols were coming to the end of their matches, but senior John Collins got the honor of clinching the UT victory, beating Richard Del Nunzio 6-2, 6-4 on court 4. A transfer from Maryland, it was Collins' first clinching win in orange and white.
Tennessee plays Belmont at 2 p.m.
#19 Tennessee 4, Oklahoma State 0
1. #19 Mikelis Libietis, UT, vs. Rifat Biktyakov, OSU, 6-3, 4-2 uf.
2. #40 Hunter Reese, UT, vs. Chris Haworth, OSU, 6-4, 5-2 uf.
3. Jarryd Chaplin, UT, def. Matt Campbell, OSU, 6-1, 6-1
4. Brandon Fickey, UT, def. Denys Pume, OSU, 6-1, 6-1
5. John Collins, UT, def. Richard Del Nunzio, OSU, 6-2, 6-4
6. Edward Jones, UT, vs. Oleksiy Arovin, OSU, 7-6
1. #26 Chaplin/Libietis, UT, def. Campbell/Biktyakov, OSU, 8-4
2. Del Nunzio/Pume, OSU, def. Collins/Jones, UT, 8-2
3. Fickey/Reese, UT, def. Arovin/Bohrnstedt, OSU, 8-2
Order of Finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (3,4,5).