Sept. 20, 2012
Friday, Sept. 21
Singles & Doubles Early Rounds
Saturday, Sept. 22
Singles & Doubles Middle Rounds
Sunday, Sept. 22
Singles & Doubles Finals
About the Tournament: Six Vols open the fall season this weekend at the Hurd Tennis Center in Waco, Texas. It is Tennessee's first trip to the tournament since 2009. Tournament format is one large singles and doubles draw.
- Six of eight Vols are traveling this weekend with sophomore Hunter Reese the highest ranked of the Tennessee contingent at No. 34.
- Reese and John Collins, ranked sixth nationally, will play doubles together. Additional pairings include Jarryd Chaplin and Edward Jones, Tennessee's consistent No. 2 team last season, and Taylor Patrick and Brandon Fickey.
- Reese, Jones and Mikelis Libietis all led the Vols last season with 20 wins each. Jones, a senior, has recorded at least 20 wins the last two years.
- Jones and Chaplin both played at Baylor for a regular-season dual match in 2011, the last time Tennessee played in Waco, Texas.
COLLINS SET FOR UT DEBUT
- Senior John Collins will make his official debut this weekend in Tennessee uniform after playing his first three seasons at Maryland. While this will be his first fall season tournament in orange and white, he and Reese won the ITA National Summer Circuit Championships in August.
- Collins has won a pair of doubles titles in his career. Last season, he went 23-13 in doubles and 12-15 in singles for the Terps.
- He is the Vols' first transfer since Matt Brewer joined the program in 2007 from Memphis as head coach Sam Winterbotham's first recruit.