Aug. 31, 2011
Sept. 2, 2011 | Percy Warner Park | Vaughn's Creek Course | Nashville, Tenn.
Women's 4K Race - 5:30 p.m. CT
Men's 5K Race - 6 p.m. CT
Fast Five At The Starting Line...
1. After coaching the Lady Vols for nine seasons, UT Director of Track & Field and Cross Country J.J. Clark also will lead the Vols into action after assuming control of the men's program in 2011.
2. The Lady Vols are opening a season at this meet for the seventh-consecutive year. The Vols, meanwhile, are making their second-straight appearance at the competition.
3. Brittany Sheffey, a two-time All-SEC and All-South Region runner, returns after a redshirt season to lead the Lady Vols, while Chris Bodary, a 2010 All-South Region honoree is back to pace the Vols.
4. Tennessee's top finishers at the meet in 2010 both return this season. Vol Jake Rainey was sixth in the men's race in his college debut in a time of 15:46.48, while Amber Zimmerman ran her first race as a Lady Vol and finished 35th in 15:25.47 for 4K.
5. Among the teams expected to compete include Belmont, Austin Peay, Brescia, Kennesaw State, Kentucky, Lipscomb, Middle Tennessee, Tennessee, UT Martin and Vanderbilt.
UT Meet Notes For Belmont-VU Opener Can Be Viewed Below In ISSUU: