Oct. 13, 2011
Oct. 15, 2011 | Harry Pritchett Running Park | Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Men's 8K Race - 8:30 a.m. CT
Women's 5K Race - 9 a.m. CT
FIVE FAST FACTS FROM THE STARTING LINE
1. The Vols and Lady Vols will compete in their final tune-up meet of the season Saturday at the Crimson Classic in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Sixteen days later, UT will host the SEC Championships at Lambert Acres in Maryville, Tenn.
2. The men are scheduled to run an 8000-meter race at 8:30 a.m. Central time, followed by the women in a 5000m battle at 9 a.m. CT at Alabama's Harry Pritchett Running Park.
3. Among the 26 teams slated to be on hand in Tuscaloosa, the Big Orange will get to see four other conference foes, including Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss.
4. Lady Vol Brittany Sheffey owns the fourth best 6K time among SEC women this season at 21:19. Logan Waites of Ole Miss ranks second at 21:08.03. Their 5K times stand among the SEC's top 20, as do those of three other women who will join them in running at the Crimson Classic.
5. Vol Chris Bodary will test his mettle against a field that includes seven of the SEC's top runners at 8K this season. Chief among them are Martin Kirui of Ole Miss (24:18.54) and Carison Kemei of Alabama (24:35.90). Bodary's 8K best in 2011 is 25:24.52 on UT's hilly Lambert Acres course.
KEY INFORMATION LINKS
UT Track & Field Twitter Accounts: @Vol_Track and @LadyVol_Track
UT Meet Notes For The Crimson Classic In ISSUU Format (Below):