|Season||GP-GS||Min||FGs||FG Pct||3FGs||3FG Pct||FTs||FT Pct||Reb||RPG||Asst||TO||Blk||Stl||Pts||PPG|
- Points: 38 // NC St., 2/16/14^
- Rebounds: 12 // Michigan St., 3/25/14^
- Assists: 7 // Auburn, 1/10/16*
- Steals: 7 // Ohio State, 3/25/16*
- Blocks: 3 // Vanderbilt, 1/21/16*
- Field Goals: 12 // ETSU, 12/2/15*
- 3-Pointers: 5 // Duke, 3/8/14*^
- Free Throws: 9 // UT Martin, 3/23/14*^
- Minutes: 40 // Arizona St., 11/29/13^
* Indicates most recent high / ^ Indicates at UNC in 2013-14
- NCAA Sioux Falls Regional All-Tournament Team -- 2015-16
- SEC All-Tournament Team -- 2016
- AP All-SEC Second Team -- 2015-16
- SEC Academic Honor Roll -- 2015-16
- Wade Trophy Watchlist -- 2015-16
- Ann Meyers Drysdale Midseason Watchlist -- 1/25/16
- Wooden Award Midseason Top 20 Watchlist -- 2015-16
- Naismith Trophy Watch List -- 2015 -16
- Ann Meyers Drysdale Award Preseason Watchlist -- 2015-16
- Wooden Award Preseason Top 30 Watchlist -- 2015-16
- Coaches Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2015-16
- Media Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2015-16
- espnW Preseason All-America Second Team -- 2015-16
- AP Preseason All-America Honorable Mention -- 2015-16
- College Sports Madness Preseason All-America Second Team -- 2015-16
- College Sports Madness Preseason All-SEC First Team -- 2015-16
- Member of espnW's "Starting Five" -- 2015-16
- USBWA National Freshman of the Year -- 2013-14
- espnW National Freshman of the Year -- 2013-14
- Full Court National Freshman of the Year -- 2013-14
- Associated Press All-America Honorable Mention Team -- 2013-14
- Full Court Freshman All-America First Team -- 2013-14
- Full Court All-America Honorable Mention -- 2013-14
- ACC Rookie of the Year -- 2013-14
- All-ACC First Team -- 2013-14
- ACC All-Freshman Team -- 2013-14
- All-ACC Tournament -- 2013-14
- Three-time ACC Rookie of the Week -- 2013-14
- ACC Player of the Week -- 2013-14 (Feb. 11)
- NCAA.com National Player of the Week -- 2013-14 (Feb. 11)
- USBWA and espnW National Player of the Week -- 2013-14 (Feb. 17 & 18)
- John R. Wooden Top-15 List -- 2013-14
- Naismith Award Midseason Top-30 List --2013-14
- Preseason All-ACC -- 2013-14
- ACC Newcomer Preseason Watch List -- 2013-14
2015-16 - REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE
- Has tallied 1,162 career points, which ranks as the fourth-most by a Lady Vol through their first two collegiate years.
- Led the team in scoring (14.3 ppg), steals (1.6 spg) and three-pointers made (36) while also averaging 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists during the 2015-16 season.
- Scored in double digits 28 times while crossing the 20-point plateau 10 times with 30+ point games against ETSU and Stetson.
- Team leader in scoring 20 times while also pacing the squad in assists nine times and steals 12 times.
- Posted double-doubles against Texas (11/29) and Syracuse (3/27).
- Named to the NCAA Sioux Falls Regional All-Tournament Team after averaging 15.0 points, 7.5 boards and 6.0 assists in the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight.
- Averaged 18.0 points, 5.9 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.9 steals per game during the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.
- Notched her third career double-double with 20 points, 10 rebounds and five assists vs. Syracuse in the NCAA Elite Eight.
- Tallied 10 points, five rebounds and tied a career high with seven assists in the win over #9 Ohio State.
- Notched 18 of her 24 points in the second half and tallied three steals in the win over Arizona State.
- Named to the SEC All-Tournament Team after averaging 19.6 points, 5.7 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 2.0 steals over three games.
- Notched 22 points and five rebounds in the SEC semifinals against Mississippi State.
- Scored 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting while also grabbing six rebounds and handing out a team-high four assists in the Lady Vols' SEC Tournament quarterfinal win over Texas A&M.
- Became only the sixth player to surpass 1,000 points while in her second season as a Lady Vol and the 45th UT player to reach it in her career when she hit a three-pointer with 9:38 remaining in the third quarter against LSU on 2/21.
- Recorded 31 points, eight rebounds, five assists and a career-high seven steals against ETSU. The seven steals tied for 13th all-time in Lady Vol history and tied for fifth amongst UT sophomores.
- Went 11-of-17 from the field, including hitting 9-of-10 from inside the arc and 6-of-6 at the free throw line, to record her fourth career 30-point game against Stetson.
- Totaled 25 points, six rebounds, seven assists, two steals and two blocks in the Lady Vols' win over Auburn.
- Tallied 24 points and 11 rebounds against Texas to record her second career double-double.
- Posted a team-high 22 points on 9-of-18 shooting to go with seven boards against Georgia on Feb. 28.
- Scored 21 points, including 15 in the second half, as UT tried to mount a comeback vs. #3/2 South Carolina.
- Notched 17 points, five rebounds and five steals on 7-of-13 shooting against Notre Dame.
- Led the team with 14 points, nine rebounds and a career-high three blocks while icing the game with two late free throws in the 53-50 win at #7/7 Oregon State.
2014-15 - SOPHOMORE AT TENNESSEE
- Redshirted, per NCAA transfer rules, after departing North Carolina following the 2013-14 season to join the Lady Vols.
- Chosen as one of three SEC student-athletes to represent the league on proposed governance rule changes under the NCAA's Div. I autonomy process.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN AT NORTH CAROLINA
- Named national freshman of the year by a number of organizations.
- Selected as an honorable mention All-American by Associated Press and Full Court.
- Only first-year player on 2014 John R. Wooden Top-15 List.
- Named to the All-ACC First Team and All-Freshman Team.
- Averaged 18.0 points, 5.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.7 steals per game as a freshman at North Carolina in 2013-14.
- Shot 42.6% from the field and 77.6% from the free throw line for the Tar Heels.
- Set four ACC freshman marks, including points (648), field goals (248), field goals attempted (582) and double figure scoring games (32).
- Averaged 21.3 points per contest during the ACC Tournament for North Carolina, earning all-tourney accolades.
- In ACC play, she averaged 19.8 points per contest to lead all freshmen.
- Named espnW National Player of the Week on Feb. 16 after her 38-point effort (the highest single-game effort ever by a UNC freshman) keyed the Tar Heels to an 89-82 win at NC State.
- Tallied 30 points vs. No. 3 Duke on Feb. 10.
- Posted 24 points and 12 rebounds vs. Michigan State in the 2014 NCAA Second Round.
- Scored 19 points as UNC ousted top-seed South Carolina from the 2014 NCAA tourney.
- Five-time gold medalist with USA Basketball.
- A member of the victorious 2015 USA World University Games Team alongside UT teammate Mercedes Russell and with Holly Warlick serving as an assistant coach.
- Saw limited time at that tournament due to injury but provided leadership from the bench.
- Led Team USA to the gold medal at the 2012 FIBA Under-17 World Championships and was named tournament MVP.
- Also won gold at the 2012 USA 3x3 U18 World Championships, as the youngest member of the 2011 U19 World Championship Team and with the 2010 U18 Championship Team.
- Played in the summer for the Georgia Pistols (2007 AAU national champions), Georgia Elite (2008 AAU national runners-up) and Georgia Ice (2009 AAU national champions).
- Ranked No. 3 in 2013 espnW HoopGurlz Top 100.
- Rated as a five-star recruit on that list and the No. 3-ranked guard.
- All-Star Girls Report ranked her the No. 2 player in the nation.
- WBCA High School Player of the Year (2013).
- Naismith Girl's High School Player of the Year (2013).
- USA TODAY All-USA Player of the Year (2013).
- WBCA All-American (2013).
- McDonald's All-American (2013).
- Parade Magazine All-American (2010, 2013).
- USA TODAY All-USA Team (2011, 2012, 2013).
- ESPN Rise National Freshman of the Year (2010).
- Gatorade State Player of the Year (2011).
- Miss Georgia Basketball (2011, 2013).
- Georgia Sports Writers Association Class 5A Player of the Year (2010, 2012).
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution All-Georgia Class 5A first team (2010, 2011, 2012).
- Averaged 26.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.5 steals and 3.8 assists as a senior in leading Norcross to its third state title in four seasons.
- Put up 20.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 4.1 steals and 3.7 assists per game as a junior in 2012.
- Scored a school-record 2,324 points at Norcross.
- Full name is Diamond Danae-Aziza DeShields.
- Announced decision to transfer to UT from UNC on June 12, 2014.
- Born on March 5, 1995, in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Parents are Tisha and Delino DeShields.
- Has two brothers, Delino Jr. and D'Angelo, and two sisters, Denim and Delaney.
- Mother was an All-America track & field athlete (heptathlon, 1991) at Tennessee.
- Father played 13 years of Major League Baseball with stints in Montreal, L.A. (Dodgers), St. Louis, Baltimore and Chicago (Cubs).
- Her brother, Delino, Jr., was selected by the Houston Astros with the eighth overall pick in the 2010 MLB draft and now plays outfield for the Texas Rangers.
- Majoring in communication studies.
- Recipient of Betty J. Basler Winners' Circle Scholarship.
- Follow @DDeShields23 on Twitter and @dddeshields on Instagram.