Points: 20// Central Arkansas, 11/15/15
Rebounds: 15 // Virginia Tech, 12/6/15
Assists: 3 // St. John's, 3/24/14
Steals: 2 // Florida, 1/7/16*
Blocks: 6 // Tenn. State, 12/17/13
Field Goals: 10 // Central Arkansas, 11/15/15
Free Throws: 6 // UAlbany, 11/27/15
Minutes: 37 // Oregon State, 12/19/15*
- Coaches Preseason All-SEC Second Team -- 2015-16
- SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll -- 2014
- SEC Freshman of the Week -- 2013-14 (12/23-12/30)
2015-16 - REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE
- Ranks 24th in the SEC in points per game (10.9), second in blocks per game (2.0), fifth in rebounds per game (8.8), seventh in offensive rebounds (3.2) and fourth in defensive rebounds per game (5.7).
- Registered at least a 50 percent field goal percentage in 20 of 23 games this season.
- Tied with Brigette Gordon for sixth all-time amongst UT sophomores with nine double-doubles.
- Posted 11 points, nine rebounds and three blocks in 37 minutes against #12/11 Texas A&M.
- Scored 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to record her ninth double-double of the year to go along with three assists and three blocks.
- Recorded her eighth double-double of the season with 12 points and 13 rebounds while also tying her career high with three assists against Alabama.
- Scored eight points on 4-6 shooting while also pulling down 10 rebounds against #13 Mississippi State.
- Finished with 10 points and 11 rebounds against Arkansas, recording a double-double in back-to-back games for the third time this season.
- Tallied a first half double-double and finished with 10 points, 13 rebounds and three blocks.
- Tallied eight points, seven boards, three blocks and two steals against Florida.
- Scored 11 points and pulled down seven rebounds and three blocks against #20 Mizzou.
- Scored 12 points in the second half while also adding two boards, three assists and two steals in the win over Stetson.
- Scored 12 points and added two blocks in her return to Oregon against #7/7 Oregon State.
- Led the team with eight rebounds and also added seven points against Stanford.
- Notched a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points in recording her fourth double-double of the year against Virginia Tech.
- Recorded her third double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 boards on 6-11 shooting vs. ETSU.
- Blocked three shots against Texas and has at least three blocks in four games this season.
- Scored a team-high 12 points and had five blocks in the 63-55 victory over UAlbany as she has opened the season with five straight games in double figures
- Notched 13 points against Chattanooga.
- Scored 13 points along with eight rebounds and a season-high four blocks against Syracuse on 11/20/15.
- Tallied a double-double for the second consecutive game and the second time in her career with a 14-point, 13-rebound, two-block effort against Penn State on 11/18/15.
- Recorded her first double-double by posting career highs of 20 points and 13 rebounds on 10-16 shooting against Central Arkansas in the season opener.
- Notched three blocks against UCA in a career high 36 minutes.
- Recorded 23 points, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks in the exhibition game which would have been a career high for points and her first career double-double if the statistics counted.
2014-15 - SOPHOMORE
- Sat out 2014-15 season as a redshirt to recover from off-season surgery on both feet.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN
- Played in all 35 games, starting five, and led UT in blocked shots with 40 and field goal percentage at 59.6 percent (93-156).
- Was team's fourth-leading rebounder (5.0 rpg.) and seventh-best scorer (6.3), averaging 18.5 minutes per contest as a rookie.
- Scored in double figures nine times and had 10 or more rebounds on two occasions.
- Shot 60 percent or better from the field in 18 games as a freshman.
- Finished at 51.4 percent from the free throw line after getting off to a rocky start, but nailed 19-of-23 for 82.6 percent over the final 14 games.
- Recorded a career-best 15 points against Chattanooga, hitting seven of 11 field goals and grabbing four rebounds in 22 minutes.
- Scored 14 points against Georgia Tech, connecting on 6-of-8 shots from the field and 2-of-2 from the free throw line.
- Instrumental in UT's SEC semifinal win vs. Texas A&M, scoring 11 points, going 4-for-4 from the field and 3-for-3 from the line, and grabbing six rebounds.
- Posted career-best 11-rebound efforts vs. Missouri and at Texas A&M.
- Picked up SEC Freshman of the Week honors (Dec. 30) after scoring 12 points and tallying seven rebounds and five blocks against Lipscomb.
- Made her college debut at Middle Tennessee and contributed 11 points, seven rebounds and three blocks to the come-from-behind victory.
- Racked up a career-best six blocks against Tennessee State to go with 12 points and seven caroms.
- Shot 77.8 percent from the field (7-for-9) in NCAA postseason action.
- Led UT in scoring for the first time with 12 points against Northwestern State in the NCAA First Round, going 5-for-6 from the field and a perfect 2-for-2 from the free throw line.
- Three-time gold medalist with USA Basketball.
- Most recently, she was victorious at the 2015 World University Games alongside UT teammate Diamond DeShields and with Holly Warlick serving as an assistant.
- Led 2015 WUG team with 9.2 rpg. and was third in scoring at 13.0 ppg., recording three double-doubles and shooting 53.7 percent as the USA went 6-0 in the tourney.
- In her two previous gold medal occasions, she played for squads coached by former Lady Vol Jill Rankin-Schneider.
- Member of USA squad that won FIBA U17 World Championship in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in August 2012.
- Started all eight games for the U17 squad, averaging 8.9 points and 6.9 rebounds and hitting 64.0% from the field.
- Also struck gold in June 2011 with the USA U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Merida, Mexico.
- Set USA U16 single-game records for rebounds (15) and blocks (5) and tournament records for rebounds (11.4) and blocks (4.0) averaged.
- Started all five games, contributing 11.6 points, 11.4 rebounds and 4.0 blocks for that unit.
- Named No. 1 player in the nation in 2013 by espnW HoopGurlz and Women's Basketball Insider.
- Blue Star Basketball and Full Court both ranked her as the No. 2 player.
- Highest ranked player to sign with Tennessee since Candace Parker in 2004.
- Gatorade National and Oregon Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2013).
- Was presented national award on March 20 by Olympic gold medalist and WNBA star Maya Moore.
- Attended 2013 ESPYs as Gatorade National Female Athlete of the Year finalist.
- American Family Insurance All-USA Girls Basketball First Team (2013).
- Finalist for Naismith Girls High School Player of the Year (2013).
- Named a WBCA and McDonald's All-American and a first-team MaxPreps All-American (2013).
- Named MVP of McDonald's All-American game in Chicago on April 3, turning in 16 points, 12 rebounds and three blocked shots.
- Class 5A State Player of the Year (2011, 2012, 2013).
- Class 5A All-State First team (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Led Springfield to a pair of 5A state titles (2011, 2012) and a runner-up finish (2013).
- Averaged 25.1 points, 12.3 rebounds, 5.5 blocks, 3.9 assists and 2.0 steals as a senior.
- Finished her prep career with 2,273 points to rank number four all-time in the state.
- Also added 1,642 rebounds and 562 blocked shots during her career.
- Averaged 26.0 points, 15.0 rebounds, 6.0 blocks and 5.0 assists as a junior.
- Produced 24.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 5.0 blocks per contest as a sophomore.
- Honor roll student at SHS.
- Full name is Mercedes Briann Russell.
- Born on July 27, 1995, in Springfield, Ore.
- Parents are Tammy Hill and Lorenzo Russell.
- Shoots right-handed but writes with her left hand.
- Lists Candace Parker as a role model.
- Joins Kelley Cain and Vonda Ward as the three tallest players in UT history at 6-6.
- Majoring in communication studies.
- Recipient of the Tom & Peg Haynes Olympic Development Endowment and the Perry Stuart Smith Women's Basketball Scholarship Endowment.
- Follow @MerSladezz on Twitter and @mersladezz on Instagram.