- Points: 25// Ohio State, 3/25/16
- Rebounds: 15 // Ohio State, 3/25/16*
- Assists: 3 // Arizona St., 3/20/16*
- Steals: 2 // LSU, 2/21/16*
- Blocks: 6 // Tenn. State, 12/17/13
- Field Goals: 12 // Ohio State, 3/25/16
- 3-Pointers: --
- Free Throws: 6 // UAlbany, 11/27/15
- Minutes:38 // Texas A&M, 2/7/16
- NCAA Sioux Falls Regional All-Tournament Team -- 2016
- Coaches Preseason All-SEC Second Team -- 2015-16
- SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll -- 2014
- SEC Freshman of the Week -- 2013-14 (12/23-12/30)
2015-16 - REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE
- Averaged 9.9 points and led the team with 8.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game while shooting a team best 54.8 percent from the field.
- Recorded 66 blocks in the 2015-16 season, tying Kelley Cain (2011-12) for eighth-most blocks in a single season by a Lady Vol.
- Averaged 1.83 blocks per game, which is the tenth-best single-season mark.
- Currently ranks sixth in career blocks per game with an average of 1.49 rejections per contest.
- Scored in double figures 20 times and had efforts of 20 or more points against Central Arkansas (20 on 11/15) and Ohio State (25 on 3/25).
- Led the team in rebounding 14 times and was the leading shot blocker 25 times, including the 11 occasions when she recorded three or more rejections.
- Averaged a double-double with 13.0 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.0 blocks while shooting 68.6 percent in NCAA Tournament play and was named to the NCAA Sioux Falls Regional All-Tournament Team.
- Finished third all-time among UT sophomores with 11 double-doubles, trailing only Candace Parker (21) and Chamique Holdsclaw (16).
- Tallied career highs with a double-double of 25 points and 15 rebounds on 12-of-16 shooting in 37 minutes vs. #9 Ohio State in the NCAA Sweet 16.
- Recorded her first-ever double-double by posting 20 points and 13 rebounds on 10-of-16 shooting against Central Arkansas in the season opener.
- Scored 15 points, pulled down 11 rebounds and added three assists and blocks vs. Arkansas on Feb. 4.
- Notched a career-high 15 rebounds and added 14 points vs. Virginia Tech.
- Tallied another double-double with a 14-point, 13-rebound, two-block effort against Penn State on Nov. 18.
- Recorded her third double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 boards on 6-of-11 shooting vs. ETSU.
- Tallied 13 points along with eight rebounds and four blocks against Syracuse on Nov. 20.
- Recorded 12 points, six boards and a team-high three assists and two blocks vs. Arizona State in the NCAA Second Round.
- Posted 12 points and 13 rebounds while also tying her career high with three assists against Alabama.
- Recorded a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds against Kentucky.
- Scored 12 points and added two blocks in her return to her home state against #7/7 Oregon State.
- Scored a team-high 12 points and had five blocks in the 63-55 victory over UAlbany, opening the season with five straight games in double figures.
2014-15 - SOPHOMORE
- Sat out 2014-15 season as a redshirt to recover from off-season surgery on both feet.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN
- Played in all 35 games, starting five, and led UT in blocked shots with 40 and field goal percentage at 59.6 percent (93-156).
- Was team's fourth-leading rebounder (5.0 rpg.) and seventh-best scorer (6.3), averaging 18.5 minutes per contest as a rookie.
- Scored in double figures nine times and had 10 or more rebounds on two occasions.
- Shot 60 percent or better from the field in 18 games as a freshman.
- Finished at 51.4 percent from the free throw line after getting off to a rocky start, but nailed 19-of-23 for 82.6 percent over the final 14 games.
- Recorded a career-best 15 points against Chattanooga, hitting seven of 11 field goals and grabbing four rebounds in 22 minutes.
- Scored 14 points against Georgia Tech, connecting on 6-of-8 shots from the field and 2-of-2 from the free throw line.
- Instrumental in UT's SEC semifinal win vs. Texas A&M, scoring 11 points, going 4-for-4 from the field and 3-for-3 from the line, and grabbing six rebounds.
- Posted career-best 11-rebound efforts vs. Missouri and at Texas A&M.
- Picked up SEC Freshman of the Week honors (Dec. 30) after scoring 12 points and tallying seven rebounds and five blocks against Lipscomb.
- Made her college debut at Middle Tennessee and contributed 11 points, seven rebounds and three blocks to the come-from-behind victory.
- Racked up a career-best six blocks against Tennessee State to go with 12 points and seven caroms.
- Shot 77.8 percent from the field (7-for-9) in NCAA postseason action.
- Led UT in scoring for the first time with 12 points against Northwestern State in the NCAA First Round, going 5-for-6 from the field and a perfect 2-for-2 from the free throw line.
- Three-time gold medalist with USA Basketball.
- Most recently, she was victorious at the 2015 World University Games alongside UT teammate Diamond DeShields and with Holly Warlick serving as an assistant.
- Led 2015 WUG team with 9.2 rpg. and was third in scoring at 13.0 ppg., recording three double-doubles and shooting 53.7 percent as the USA went 6-0 in the tourney.
- In her two previous gold medal occasions, she played for squads coached by former Lady Vol Jill Rankin-Schneider.
- Member of USA squad that won FIBA U17 World Championship in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, in August 2012.
- Started all eight games for the U17 squad, averaging 8.9 points and 6.9 rebounds and hitting 64.0% from the field.
- Also struck gold in June 2011 with the USA U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Merida, Mexico.
- Set USA U16 single-game records for rebounds (15) and blocks (5) and tournament records for rebounds (11.4) and blocks (4.0) averaged.
- Started all five games, contributing 11.6 points, 11.4 rebounds and 4.0 blocks for that unit.
- Named No. 1 player in the nation in 2013 by espnW HoopGurlz and Women's Basketball Insider.
- Blue Star Basketball and Full Court both ranked her as the No. 2 player.
- Highest ranked player to sign with Tennessee since Candace Parker in 2004.
- Gatorade National and Oregon Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2013).
- Was presented national award on March 20 by Olympic gold medalist and WNBA star Maya Moore.
- Attended 2013 ESPYs as Gatorade National Female Athlete of the Year finalist.
- American Family Insurance All-USA Girls Basketball First Team (2013).
- Finalist for Naismith Girls High School Player of the Year (2013).
- Named a WBCA and McDonald's All-American and a first-team MaxPreps All-American (2013).
- Named MVP of McDonald's All-American game in Chicago on April 3, turning in 16 points, 12 rebounds and three blocked shots.
- Class 5A State Player of the Year (2011, 2012, 2013).
- Class 5A All-State First team (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Led Springfield to a pair of 5A state titles (2011, 2012) and a runner-up finish (2013).
- Averaged 25.1 points, 12.3 rebounds, 5.5 blocks, 3.9 assists and 2.0 steals as a senior.
- Finished her prep career with 2,273 points to rank number four all-time in the state.
- Also added 1,642 rebounds and 562 blocked shots during her career.
- Averaged 26.0 points, 15.0 rebounds, 6.0 blocks and 5.0 assists as a junior.
- Produced 24.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 5.0 blocks per contest as a sophomore.
- Honor roll student at SHS.
- Full name is Mercedes Briann Russell.
- Born on July 27, 1995, in Springfield, Ore.
- Parents are Tammy Hill and Lorenzo Russell.
- Shoots right-handed but writes with her left hand.
- Lists Candace Parker as a role model.
- Joins Kelley Cain and Vonda Ward as the three tallest players in UT history at 6-6.
- Majoring in communication studies.
- Recipient of the Lloyd Lawson Thornton Winners' Circle Scholarship.
- Follow @MerSladezz on Twitter and @mersladezz on Instagram.