Jan. 20, 2014
- Monday's matchup marked the 24th all-time meeting between the two programs.
- Notre Dame has won four in a row, while the Lady Vols own a 20-4 record in the series.
- When playing in Knoxville, UT holds an 8-2 edge in the series.
- The starting lineup included sophomore Jasmine Jones, sophomore Bashaara Graves, junior Isabelle Harrison, junior Ariel Massengale and senior Meighan Simmons.
- The starting lineup has gone 1-1 this season.
- For just the second time this season, the opponent won the tip.
- Junior Ariel Massengale scored UT's first bucket of the game with a lay. It is the second time this season she has accounted for Tennessee's first points.
- Junior Cierra Burdick was the first off the bench for UT, the fifth time this season she's been called up first.
FIGHTING THE IRISH
- The Lady Vols' five-point lead at the halfway point was the largest halftime deficit for the Fighting Irish this year, as it marked just the second time Notre Dame has trailed at the halfway point (also trailed Oregon State by two at the halfway mark).
- During the first half, Tennessee led by as many as 12 points, marking the largest deficit UND has suffered this season. The largest prior was seven points by Oregon State.
- UT's 46 points in the first half are the most Notre Dame has allowed by an opponent in any half this year.
SIMMONS MOVING UP THE CHARTS
- Entering Monday's game, senior Meighan Simmons had 1,713 career points, 16 shy of breaking into the top-10 list on UT's all-time career scoring chart.
- Simmons finished with 23 points, moving into the top 10 on UT's all-time career scoring chart. She surpassed Mary Ostrowski (1,729). Simmons now has 1,736 career points.
LEADING THE MASSES
- In the three games Tennessee had lost entering tonight's game, Massengale went 1-for-12 in treys. She was 0-for-7 the last two games (Mississippi State and Vanderbilt) from the three-point range.
- The junior went 3-of-3 from long distance vs. ND, marking the fifth game this season she has made three or more 3-pointers.
- Massengale racked up 14 points, notching her 13th game this season in double figures.
- Entering the game, Massengale had 422 career assists, tied for 10th on UT's all-time career assists chart. She finished the contest dishing out six helpers, pushing her into 428.
AT THE HALF
- At the halfway point, the Lady Vols were up 46-41 over the Fighting Irish.
- UT's 46 points is the most points Notre Dame has allowed an opponent this season.
- The Lady Vols were up by as many as 12 points during the first half, the largest deficit for the Fighting Irish this year.
- Tennessee outrebounded Notre Dame, 19-17. Junior Isabelle Harrison had a game-high six rebounds at the halfway point.
- Junior Ariel Massengale led the team with 14 points at halftime, while senior Meighan Simmons followed with 12 points.
- Massengale was a perfect 3-3 and Simmons was 2-2 from the 3-point range during the first 20 minutes of action.
- The Lady Vols welcome the Florida Gators to Thompson-Boling Arena on Thursday, Jan. 23, for a 6:30 p.m. ET tipoff.