Feb. 2, 2009
Game Notes: Oklahoma vs. Tennessee
- Today's starters: Angie Bjorklund, Alex Fuller, Glory Johnson, Alicia Manning and Shekinna Stricklen.
- Redshirt-sophomore Cait McMahan has decided to not play the rest of the season, accepting a role as a student assistant coach and will remain on the sidelines.
- With McMahan having decided to not play the rest of the season, Fuller has chosen to honor her teammate by wearing No. 2.
- Sophomore Vicki Baugh entered the game at the 16:13 mark of the first half after not playing against Ole Miss and seeing very limited action in the previous three games.
- Freshman Amber Gray did not make the trip due to missing her conditioning this week.
- Four Lady Vols scored in double figures: Stricklen (21), Johnson (12), Baugh (11) and Bjorklund (10).
- UT went on a 16-0 run from the 12:08 mark to the 7:33 point of the first half, building a 33-18 lead.
- OU responded with a 23-3 run to the end the first half, including holding the Lady Vols without a point for 5:19.
- Tennessee's largest first half lead was 15 (33-18) at 7:58; its largest deficit was 7 (34-41) at 0:32.
- In the first half there were four ties and 10 lead changes.
- UT trailed at the half for the fourth time this season.
- Held OU's Courtney Paris to single-digit scoring for the first time in her career (121 games).
- The Lady Vols made a three-pointer for the 361st consecutive game.
- The Lady Vols have shot an average of 24.5 free throws per game, making 67.5 percent. Tonight they shot 21, making 17.
- Summitt owns an 11-5 record when going for a milestone win.
The loss tonight...
- Drops Tennessee's record to 3-1 against Oklahoma.
- Gives UT a 10-5 record in TV games this season, including a 2-1 mark on the ESPN family of networks.
- Gives Summitt a 400-155 record against teams ranked in the Associated Press poll, including a 175-116 mark against top 10 teams.
- Drops UT to 2-5 against ranked foes this season.
- Gives Tennessee a 43-14 record against opponents from the Big 12 Conference.
- Moves UT to 7-4 on the road this season.
- Gives the Lady Vols a 2-1 record at the Ford Center.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 999-187 (.843) all time, just one win from 1,000.
- The Lady Vols return to Thompson-Boling Arena and Southeastern Conference play with a Thursday night match-up with the Georgia Bulldogs. Game time is set for 7 p.m. with Fox Sports Net South broadcasting the game.
Freshman Shekinna Stricklen:
- Finished in double figures for the 15th time this season
Sophomore Angie Bjorklund:
- Had the first Lady Vol basket - a reverse layup at the 19:14 mark of the first half
- Made her 100th career three-pointer with 12 seconds remaining in the game
- Needs just three three-pointers to move into a tie for No. 10 on Tennessee's career three-pointers made list. Tasha Butts and Jody Adams are currently number 10 with 103 three-pointers.
Senior Alex Fuller:
- Will wear No. 2 for the rest of the season in honor of teammate Cait McMahan, who has decided to take on a student assistant role for the rest of the season