Feb. 8, 2009
- Today's starters: Angie Bjorklund, Alex Fuller, Glory Johnson, Alicia Manning and Shekinna Stricklen.
- Redshirt-sophomore Cait McMahan has decided to not play the rest of the season, accepting a role as a student assistant coach and will remain on the sidelines.
- With McMahan having decided to not play the rest of the season, Fuller has chosen to honor her teammate by wearing No. 2.
- Two Lady Vols scored in double figures: Bjorklund (16) and Cain (12).
- Cain notched a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. It is the first double-double of her career.
- The Lady Vols held the Gators without a field goal from the 12:37 mark of the first half to the 8:08 point, building a 21-15 lead.
- The first half saw six ties and seven lead changes.
- Tennessee led at the half for the 17th time this season. In those games the Lady Vols own a 15-2 record.
- Florida held the Lady Vols without a field goal from the 6:31 mark of the second half to the 2:08 point, going on an 11-1 run, to build a 57-53 lead.
- Today's crowd of 8.060 is the second largest crowd to see a women's game at the O'Connell Center. The largest crowd was on Feb. 11, 2001, when 12,222 fans saw a 103-73 Lady Vol victory.
- The Lady Vols made a three-pointer for the 363rd consecutive game.
- The Lady Vols have shot an average of 23.7 free throws per game, making 67.8 percent. Tonight they shot eight, making two.
The loss tonight...
- Ends a three-game Lady Vol winning streak in the series with Florida.
- Drops Tennessee's record to 37-3 against Florida, including a 15-2 record in Gainesville.
- Gives UT an 11-6 record in TV games this season.
- Moves Tennessee to 2-6 against ranked foes this season and 400-156 all-time versus opponents ranked by the AP.
- Drops the Lady Vols record to 404-62 against SEC opponents and a 276-37 mark in league play.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 1,000-188 (.842) all time.
- The Lady Vols return home to host the Alabama Crimson Tide in a 7 p.m. match-up on Thursday, Feb. 12. The game will be televised on CSS.
Freshman Kelley Cain:
- Tied her career-high with 12 points for the second consecutive game
- Recorded her first career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds
Sophomore Angie Bjorklund:
- Had the first field goal of the game - a three-pointer at the 18:46 mark of the first half
- With a three-pointer at the 18:40 mark of the second half, Bjorklund passed Tasha Butts and Jody Adams for No. 10 on UT's all-time three-pointers made list. She currently has 105
Senior Alex Fuller:
- Will wear No. 2 for the rest of the season in honor of teammate Cait McMahan, who has decided to take on a student assistant role for the rest of the season