Feb. 12, 2006
- Sidney Spencer missed her first free throw in 15 attempts, but made the second one to seal the game.
- Junior Dominique Redding earned her first career start.
- Alexis Hornbuckle failed to start the game for the first time this season. It ended her streak of 32 straight starts dating back to last season.
- Candace Parker is now the only Lady Vol to start every game this season.
- Parker moves into sole possession of 10th place on the all-time Lady Vol single-season blocks list with 53 during the 2006 campaign.
- Hornbuckle has made at least one steal for the 32nd consecutive game. She has now picked at least one pass in 52 of 60 career games.
- Lindsey Moss returned to the court for the first time since surgery to repair her nasal displaced fracture.
- Tennessee trailed by as many as 14 in the first half of the Vanderbilt game in Nashville earlier this season and trailed 32-37 at the half. The Lady Vols trailed by 14 in tonight's opening period and trailed 31-36 at the half.
- In the meeting in Nashville, UT took its first lead at the 14:53 mark on a steal by Shanna Zolman and a layup by Hornbuckle. In tonight's game, UT took its first lead at 2:22 on a Hornbuckle free throw.
- Tonight marked the first time all season that UT did not have a three-pointer in the first half (0-4). In fact, the Lady Vols recorded their lowest three-point total in a game this season, finishing with just one trey on the night.
- Zolman drained the first trey of the night for the Lady Vols. She has now made a three-pointer in 24 of 25 games this season and in 103 of her 133 career games.
- Zolman has been held to single-digit scoring just six times this season, including tonight.
- Liz Sherwood, the nation's leader in field goal percentage, shot 82% percent tonight (9-11), the highest percentage by a Lady Vol opponent this season.
- Vanderbilt's 56.6% field goal percentage is the highest by any UT opponent this season. Last time a Tennessee opponent shot over 50% was against Auburn on Jan. 20, 2005, the Tigers shot 58.1% in an 81-71, UT victory.
- UT was 0-2 in games televised by ESPN2 this season coming into tonight.
The win tonight...
- Tennessee improves to 22-3 on the season, 8-2 in the SEC
- Pat Summitt improves her career record to 904-175
- Improves UT to 358-56 all-time against teams from the SEC and 236-32 in league games. The Lady Vols are now 149-10 in league games in Knoxville.
- The Lady Vols remain undefeated against the Commodores in Knoxville (21-0) and improve their series lead to 47-6 all-time.
- UT has now won the last 11 games in the series between the Lady Vols and the Commodores.
- Four of the last six games in the series have been decided by 10 points or less.
- Prevents back-to-back home SEC losses for the first time since 1984-85:
- Jan. 23, 72-76 OT loss to Kentucky
- Feb. 2, 56-72 loss to Georgia
- Prevents back-to-back home losses for the first time since 1996-97:
- Dec. 8, 93-94 OT loss to Georgia
- Dec. 15, 65-82 loss to Stanford