Feb. 12, 2009
- Today's starters: Briana Bass, Angie Bjorklund, Kelley Cain, Alex Fuller and Shekinna Stricklen.
- It is the first time this season Glory Johnson has not started a game. Johnson was the only player that had started in every game this season. The last time Tennessee did not have one player start in each game was the 2004-05 season.
- Redshirt-sophomore Cait McMahan has decided to not play the rest of the season, accepting a role as a student assistant coach and will remain on the sidelines.
- With McMahan having decided to not play the rest of the season, Fuller has chosen to honor her teammate by wearing No. 2.
- Four Lady Vols scored in double digits: Fuller (18), Bjorklund (13), Smallbone (11) and Manning (10).
- Alabama did not get a basket until the 17:58 mark of the first half.
- The Lady Vols held the Crimson Tide without a field goal from the 12:47 mark of the first half to the 9:55 point. During that span, UT went on a 10-0 run, building a 23-13 lead.
- Tennessee led at the half for the 18th time this season. The Lady Vols hold a 16-2 record this year when leading at the break.
- The Lady Vols scored at least 40 first half points for the seventh time this season. In those games, UT is 6-1.
- Tennessee never trailed in the first half and its largest lead was 12 at the 7:10 mark.
- The Lady Vols earned a rebounding advantage for the 20th time this season.
- The nine three-pointers were the most UT has made this season.
- The 26 assists are a season-high for Tennessee.
- The Lady Vols held the Crimson Tide scoreless from the 17:24 mark of the second half to the 12:04 point, going on a 14-0 run and opening a 62-37 lead.
- Tennessee scored 80 points for the seventh time this season. In those games, UT owns a 6-1 record.
- Tonight's crowd of 12,907 is the eighth largest home crowd of the season.
- The Lady Vols made a three-pointer for the 364th consecutive game.
- The Lady Vols have shot an average of 23.0 free throws per game, making 67.1 percent. Tonight they shot 13, making seven.
The win tonight...
- Extends UT's winning streak to 34 games against Alabama. The last time the Crimson Tide defeated the Lady Vols was on March 3, 1984, when No. 17 UA grabbed an 85-66 win over No. 10 UT in the SEC Tournament.
- Improves the Lady Vols' record to 41-2 against the Crimson Tide, including a perfect 18-0 mark in Knoxville.
- Extends the Lady Vols home winning streak to 10 games. UT is 11-1 at home this season.
- Gives UT a 12-6 record in TV games this season.
- Improves the Lady Vols record to 405-62 against SEC opponents and a 277-37 mark in league play.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 1,001-188 (.842) all time.
- The Lady Vols will remain at home, but step out of conference for a Big Monday contest with the No. 4/10-ranked Duke Blue Devils on Feb. 16. The contest is the annual "Pink Zone" game supporting the Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund.
Freshman Briana Bass:
- Started her 12th game of the season, but the first since Jan. 25 at Auburn
Freshman Kelley Cain:
- Made her first career start
- Made the first basket of the game - a baby hook just 12 seconds into the game
- Dished out a career-high five assists
Freshman Alicia Manning:
- Made her first three-point attempt of the game. It was the first three she has made since the South Carolina game on Jan. 18
Freshman Shekinna Stricklen:
- Went down at the 10:39 mark of the first half with a right knee injury and did not return to the game
Senior Alex Fuller:
- Scored a season-high 18 points
- Will wear No. 2 for the rest of the season in honor of teammate Cait McMahan, who has decided to take on a student assistant role for the rest of the season