Feb. 25, 2007
The win today...
- Improves UT to 27-2 on the season
- Gives Pat Summitt 27+ wins for the 25th time in her 33-year career and the 21st time in a row
- Gives Pat Summitt a career record of 940-179 in her 33rd season
- Gives UT a clean sweep of the SEC, 14-0 record in conference games this season
- Gives UT an undefeated SEC record for the eighth time in program history
- Improves UT's lead in the series with Vanderbilt to 49-6 including 13 straight victories
- Before the game, Pat Summitt honored the three Lady Vol seniors - Dominique Redding, Sidney Spencer and Elizabeth Curry - and their families.
- UT's 40 first-half points were the most this season since scoring 48 in the opening period against Kentucky on Feb. 11
- Vanderbilt's 29 first-half points tie for the most by a UT opponent in the first half this season since Duke had 43 at the break on Jan. 22.
- Nicky Anosike got a technical foul with 15:16 left in the second half. That is the second time a UT player has gotten T'ed-up this season. Candace Parker got one for popping her collar against West Virginia on Dec. 20, 2006.
- The 20-point defeat was Vanderbilt's biggest conference loss of the season and was one point shy of the 21-point loss at Duke earlier this season.
- UT's 37 free throw attempts were the most this season
- Moved into ninth place in the UT single-season record books for three-pointers made (52)
- Scored in double figures for the 10th time this season and the fifth time in a row.
- Scored in double figures for the 27th time this season and the 60th time in her career.
- Earned her 17th double-double of the season and 27th of her career
- Surpassed the 20-point mark in a game for the 15th time this season, the 26th time in her career.
- Her six blocks today are her most in an SEC game and move her into third place in single-season blocks (81), five shy of her second-place total last season.
- Scored in double figures for the 18th time this season and the 45th time in her career