March 4, 2005
- Auburn ends its 2004-05 season loosing to #2 seeded Tennessee 54-64.
- Junior center Marita Payne fouls out with 1:18 left to play.
- Auburn was led by senior guards Natasha Brackett and Nicole Louden with 18 and 15 points respectively.
- Despite having the lead for the first 8:35 of the contest, (8-7), the Tigers could not hold on the rest of the way.
- Auburn's finishes the season with an overall record of 16-13.
- Tennessee advances to the SEC Tournament semifinals for the 12th consecutive year.
- The .284 shooting percentage for the Lady Vols was the team's lowest for the season.
- Tennessee took its first lead of the game (9-8) at the 12:25 mark of the first half, a lead they did not surrender the rest of the way.
- Freshman center Nicky Anosike earned her second career double-double by posting 15 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
- After nailing two threes today, junior guard Shanna Zolman has connected from behind the arc in 14 of the last 15 games.
- Zolman's 10 points put her in double figures for the 10th time in the last 11 games.
- With today's win, Tennessee Head Coach Pat Summitt has tied legendary Kentucky men's coach Adolph Rupp for second on the all-time NCAA wins list with 879.
- Summitt now needs just four wins to surpass Dean Smith as the winningest coach in NCAA basketball.
- With the victory, the Lady Vols have won six games in a row.
- Tennessee's all-time record in the SEC Tournament now stands at 49-15, including a 22-4 mark in the second round.
- The Lady Vols hold a 28-8 all-time record against the Tigers, with their first-ever meeting coming in the inaugural SEC Tournament in 1980.
- Tennessee has won the last 12 meetings with Auburn and 20 of the last 21.
- UT is 8-3 against AU in the SEC Tournament and 2-0 against the Tigers in the SEC second round.