Nov. 17, 2008
- This is the 19th loss all-time at Thompson-Boling Arena at the hands of just 10 teams.
- The Lady Vols are now 11-2 all-time against Virginia. The only other loss came in the 1990 NCAA Regional Championship in overtime. That game prevented UT from playing in the Final Four that was being held in Knoxville.
- Two Lady Vols did not play in today's game. Sophomore Vicki Baugh (rehabbing knee) and sophomore Angie Bjorklund (back).
- Freshman Glory Johnson was named Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week (Nov. 10-16) after becoming just the 11th rookie to start her first game in the Orange & White for Head Coach Pat Summitt on Saturday against San Francisco. The Knoxville native had team-highs of 17 points and 12 rebounds in 26 minutes against the Dons.
- The Lady Vols moved up to No. 5 in the Associated Press Top 25, released late this afternoon.
- Six Lady Vols scored in double-figures tonight: freshman Glory Johnson (13), freshman Briana Bass (13), freshman Shekinna Stricklen (12), sophomore Sydney Smallbone (12), redshirt sophomore Cait McMahan (11) and redshirt freshman Kelley Cain (10).
- The Lady Vols fall to 398-151 (164-36 at home) all-time against ranked teams.
- Today's Lady Vol starters: Shekinna Stricklen, Glory Johnson, Alex Fuller, Cait McMahan, Sydney Smallbone. The same five started the second half.
- UT used a 12-0 run from the 12:52 mark to the 10:31 point to take a 23-17 lead
- The Lady Vols largest lead: 13 @ 3:47 of 1st half; largest deficit: 6 @ 14:49 of first half
- After re-taking the lead at 19-17, the Lady Vols led the rest of the half
- Virginia outscored Tennessee 48-39 in the second half. The Cavaliers used a 12-3 run, beginning at the 2:04 mark of the first half and ending at 18:13 of the second half. UVa regained the lead at 50-49 with 15:24 remaining.
- Tennessee held a six point lead with 6:21 to play. From that point, Virginia outscored UT 20-13.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 984-183 (.843), just 16 wins from number 1,000.
- The Lady Vols will make their first road trip of the season on Friday, Nov. 21, when they make the short trek down I-75 to take on the Chattanooga Lady Mocs. Tip time is slated for 6:30 p.m. at McKenzie Arena and will be aired on CSS.
Freshman Shekinna Stricklen:
- Tied a season-high with 12 points
Freshman Briana Bass:
- Made a driving layup off the glass to tie the game at 17 apiece at the 11:23 mark
- Scored a season-high 13 points
Freshman Kelley Cain:
- Made her first appearance of the season, coming in at the 16:01 mark of the first half
- Made her first official basket - a layup at the 14:26 mark of the first half
- Made her first two baskets - the second a left-handed shot off the glass
Sophomore Sydney Smallbone:
- Tied a career-high with 12 points
- Converted a four-point play at the 18:19 mark of the first half to give UT a quick 7-0 lead
Sophomore Cait McMahan:
- Scored a career-high 11 points
- Had today's first basket - a three off a tip assist from Glory Johnson - at the 18:47 mark