Nov. 21, 2008
Game Notes: Tennessee vs. Chattanooga
- Redshirt freshman Kelley Cain did not make the trip to Chattanooga while still recovering from a knock to the head. Sophomore Angie Bjorklund did not play while resting her back.
- Today's starters: Shekinna Stricklen (Fr., Morrilton, Ark.), Sydney Smallbone, (So., Granger, Ind.), Alex Fuller (Sr., Shelbyville, Tenn.), Glory Johnson (Fr., Knoxville, Tenn.), Vicki Baugh (So., Sacramento, Calif.). Starting the second half was Alyssia Brewer (Fr., Sapulpa, Okla.), Johnson, Cait McMahan (RS-So., Maryville, Tenn.), Fuller and Stricklen.
- The first half saw six lead changes and two ties. The largest Lady Vol lead was eight, twice, the latest at 30-22, and the largest Lady Moc lead was three at 14-11.
- After UT regained the lead at 15-14, it did not trail the rest of the first half.
- A 7-0 Lady Vol run opened up a 28-20 lead
- After failing to get their first field goal until the 15:47 mark, the Lady Vols shot only 34.4% (11-of-32) from the field in the first half.
- The Lady Vols opened the second half on an 8-2 run, opening up a 44-35 lead.
- The Lady Mocs used a 19-1 run to go from a 10 point deficit at 49-39 to take a 58-50 lead with 7:43 to play.
- The Lady Vols used a 7-0 run to cut the UTC lead to one at 61-60.
- Alicia Manning tied the game with a three-pointer at 63-63 and Vicki Baugh put the Lady Vols up one at 64-63 with a free throw with 53.7 to play.
- Shekinna Stricklen free throw with 2.0 seconds to play gave UT a 66-63 lead.
- The Lady Vols improve to 23-6 all-time against the Lady Mocs, 8-1 in Chattanooga and 16-0 under Head Coach Pat Summitt against UTC.
- Tonight's attendance of 7,008 marks the fourth largest crowd to see a home UTC women's basketball game.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 985-183 (.843), just 15 wins from number 1,000.
- The Lady Vols will return to Thompson-Boling Arena for an afternoon matinee on Sunday against the Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters. The Lady Vols hold a 23-17 all-time record against La Tech and are 16-4 in the last 20 meetings.
Freshman Alicia Manning:
- Three-pointer tied the game at 63-63
Freshman Glory Johnson:
- Had the first point of the game on a free throw at the 19:27 mark
- Had 11 points in only 13 minutes in the first half
- Posted a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds
Freshman Alyssia Brewer:
- Had UT's first field goal at the 15:47 mark of the first half
Freshman Amber Gray:
- Started the game shooting 3-of-4 from the field
- Finished with a season-high seven points, all of which came in the first half
Sophomore Cait McMahan:
- Jumper in the lane at 6:58 gave the Lady Vols a 21-16 lead
- Free throw with 2.6 seconds to play gave the Lady Vols a 65-63 lead
Sophomore Vicki Baugh:
- Saw her first action of the season in her first career start after suffering a torn ACL in the NCAA championship game on April 8, 2008. In that game, she scored eight points and grabbed three boards before going down on a driving layup that gave UT a 55-44 lead.
- Recorded her first point of the season on a pair of free throws at the 4:30 mark of the first half, which gave UT a 26-20 lead
- Free throw with 53.7 second to play put UT up 64-63.