Nov. 28, 2006
The win tonight...
- Improves Tennessee to 6-0 on the season
- Increases UT's lead in the La. Tech series to 22-17
- Extends the Lady Vol winning streak in the series to seven
- Gives head coach Pat Summitt a career record of 919-177
- Tonight's starting lineup of Cait McMahan, Alexis Hornbuckle, Sidney Spencer, Candace Parker and Nicky Anosike was used for the first time this season.
- Tennessee's smothering defense forced 10 Lady Techster turnovers in the first nine minutes of the game. The 19 first half turnovers by LTU were the most by a UT opponent this season.
- Every Lady Vol that played in the first half scored.
- Tennessee's halftime lead (+27) was the largest halfway margin since the opening game against Chattanooga (+28).
- Tennessee was out-rebounded for the second time this season.
- Louisiana Tech's 46 boards and 28 turnovers were the most by a UT opponent this season.
- Got her first career start tonight
- Made her first career free throw attempt and earned career-highs in points (7) and rebounds (4).
- Extended her streak of games with a steal to 42. She has made at least one steal in 63 of 70 career games.
- Her six steals tonight moved her past Kellie Jolly (177) into 20th place in the UT record books for career steals (180). She had four steals tonight in the first eight minutes.
- Became the eighth Lady Vol of all time to reach the 100-blocks plateau, and to think that she's done it in just 42 games. On the first two offensive plays of the game for LTU, Parker blocked both attempts. Her seven blocks tonight tied her own personal-best, tie for the most by ever by a UT sophomore and vaulted her into seventh place in the UT record books for career blocks (103), past Daedra Charles (97), Vonda Ward (98) and Abby Conklin (102).
- Scored in double figures for the 20th game in a row, the 39th time in her career.
- The only Lady Vol in history to hail from the state of Louisiana, she played tonight in Ruston, about five hours (340 miles) from her hometown of Marrero, La.
- Had a career-high eight steals, five of which came in the first half.
- The first of four Lady Vols to reach double figures, her 10 points marked her seventh consecutive 10+ point game.
- Had a career-high 13 points tonight on a career-high six field goals.