Nov. 30, 2008
Game Notes: DePaul vs. Tennessee
- Today is the first time this season that all 12 players have been available for the Lady Vols. All 12 played.
- Today's starters: Cait McMahan, Vicki Baugh, Glory Johnson, Shekinna Stricklen and Alex Fuller. Starting the second half was McMahan, Stricklen, Baugh, Angie Bjorklund and Kelley Cain.
- Three Lady Vols finished in double-figures: Glory Johnson (19), Shekinna Stricklen (16) and Kelley Cain (12).
- The Blue Demons did not get their first point until the 16:29 mark after UT opened the game with a 13-0 lead.
- The Lady Vols made seven of their first eight free throws today.
- The Lady Vols built a 19-point lead at 36-17, but the Blue Demons rallied with a 10-0 run in 1:38 to cut UT's lead to 36-27, and had pulled within 38-32 by 1:29 to play in the half.
- Kelley Cain had five of the Lady Vols' final eight points of the first half.
- Tennessee never trailed in the first half.
- The Lady Vols went on a 15-0 run, a span of 4:41, to stretch the lead to 68-43. Bjorklund hit her first three of the season and Johnson scored eight straight UT points.
- Tennessee has topped the 80-point mark in four of the first six games.
- UT never trailed today.
- Tennessee improves to 18-0 all-time against the Blue Demons, including a 9-0 mark in Knoxville, and 77-19 all-time against foes from the BIG EAST Conference.
- Head Coach Pat Summitt's career record now stands at 988-183 (.844) all time, just 12 wins from 1,000.
- Up next: The Lady Vols head to Washington, D.C. to face the George Washington Colonials on Tuesday, Dec. 2. Tip time is 7:30 p.m.
Freshman Shekinna Stricklen:
- Has scored in double-figures in four of first six games
- Finished with a season-high 16 points
- Named the Lady Vol Player of the Game
Freshman Glory Johnson:
- Had today's first basket at the 18:50 mark
- Tied her season-high with 19 points
Freshman Kelley Cain:
- Made her first appearance since the Virginia game on Nov. 17 after recovering from a concussion
- Scored a season-high 12 points
Sophomore Angie Bjorklund:
- Made her first appearance of the season at the 17:13 mark of the first half
Senior Alex Fuller:
- Scored a season-high nine points