Dec. 21, 2013
- Saturday's game marked the 31st meeting between UT and Stanford.
- The Lady Vols are now 22-9 all-time against Cardinal.
- Against Pac-12 foes, Tennessee is now 62-18 overall.
- The starting lineup included sophomore Bashaara Graves, junior Isabelle Harrison, redshirt freshman Andraya Carter, junior Ariel Massengale and senior Meighan Simmons.
- It is the second time UT has utilized that starting five, and the Big Orange is now 1-1 with the quintet.
END OF A STREAK, DEJA VU
- UT entered the game with a 10-game winning streak. In 2007-08, the season of Tennessee's most recent NCAA title, the #4/4 Cardinal ended a 10-game Big Orange win streak with a 73-69 upset of #1/1 Lady Vols in overtime at Maples on Dec. 22, 2007.
- The Lady Vols have lost four-straight games at Maples Pavilion. The last victory at Stanford was Dec. 4, 2005, when #2/1 UT triumphed #12/11 SU, 74-67.
AGAINST THE RANKS
- The Lady Vols faced their second ranked foe of the season after beating No. 12/11 North Carolina, 81-65, in Chapel Hill in the second game of the season on Nov. 11.
- Holly Warlick is 8-7 against ranked teams.
PLAY THAT "D", TENNESSEE
- After only allowing opponents to shoot only 31.1 percent from the field and 25.6 percent on three-point attempts heading into today's game, Stanford finished the contest shooting 42.2 percent (28-66) from the field and 63.6 percent (7-11) from the three-point zone.
- Heading into the matchup, UT was only allowing only 58.6 points per contest. Stanford's 76 points ties an opponent team-high this year, which Georgia Tech also scored.
- With 10 points and 13 rebounds, junior Isabelle Harrison notched her third-straight double-double and fourth of the season.
- Along with Harrison, junior Ariel Massengale (17 points), sophomore Bashaara Graves (14 points) and senior Meighan Simmons (15 points) all hit double figures in scoring.
- It is Massengale's eighth game this season in double digits, and 31st of her career.
- Harrison has now had double figure scoring outings in nine of UT's 11 games this season.
- Stanford outrebounded Tennessee 43-40, marking the first time this season the Big Orange has been outrebounded.
- Ogwumike had a game-best 20 rebounds. Last year against UT, Ogwumike grabbed 19 boards.
AT THE HALF
- At the halfway mark, UT trailed 37-29. It marked the third time this season that the Lady Vols have been behind at the halfway point.
- Tennessee trailed by 12 points at Middle Tennessee State and by four to Virginia at the Junkanoo Jam.
- The Lady Vols shot just 31.3 percent in the first 20 minutes of action compared to Stanford's 47.1 percent.
- The Big Orange forced 12 SU turnovers in the first half of play, while giving up 10.
- Tennessee returns to Rocky Top for the final home game of the 2013 year against Lipscomb on Dec. 29 for a 2 p.m. ET matchup.