Dec. 29, 2013
- UT versus LU Sunday marked the first meeting between the two programs.
- The Lady Vols are now 1-0 all time against the Lady Bisons.
- Tennessee is 24-3 all-time versus schools in the Atlantic Sun Conference. This season, SEC schools are 11-0 against the conference.
- The Lady Vols are now 4-0 this season against in-state foes, including wins over Middle Tennessee, Chattanooga and Tennessee State.
- The starting lineup included sophomore Bashaara Graves, junior Isabelle Harrison, junior Ariel Massengale, senioir Meighan Simmons and redshirt freshman Andraya Carter.
- The starting lineup has gone 2-1 this season.
- Isabelle Harrison, at center, has won all 12 tips for the Lady Vols this season.
- 1:35 nto the game, Meighan Simmons tallied her fifth point to tie Glory Johnson as the 13th-highest all-time Lady Vol scorer, with 1,643 career points. Simmons finished the game with 15 points.
- Tennessee started on a 25-4 run during the first eight minutes of the game. During that time, the Lady Vols shot 71 percent fromt he floor and the Lady Bisons shot 11 percent.
HARRISON'S AWESOME DAY
- In the first half, Isabelle Harrison recorded her fourth-straight game with a double double. It was her fifth this season and the 11th of her career.
- Harrison set a new career high with 26 points. Her previous personal best was 18 points, which she had previously tied against Texas earlier in December.
- Harrison went 11-of-13 from the floor and 4-of-7 from the free-throw line
- She also recorded 15 rebounds, four steals and three blocks.
- Harrison has tipped the Lady Vols to a perfect record of winning the tip this season, now 12-0.
OFFENSE STEPPING UP
- Tennessee went from a season-worst 10 assists vs. Stanford on Dec. 21 to a season-best 31 assists in Sunday's win over Lipscomb.
- The Lady Vols began the first half on a 25-4 run.
- Tennessee finished the first half shooting .639 (23-36) from the floor.
- In the first half, the Lady Vols scored 62 points, the most the team has scored yet during the 2013-14 season. The most prior to Lipscomb was 54 points in a half against Tennessee State, Dec. 17.
- The last time the Lady Vols scored 62 points in the first half was against WCU on March 20, 2005, tied fourth in most points in in the first half in Lady Vol history. Tennessee also scored 62 points in the first half against Florida Atlantic on January 21, 1992.
- Tennessee recorded 31 team assists on the day, the most this season.
- Six Lady Vols scored in double figures: Isabelle Harrison (26), Meighan Simmons (15), Cierra Burdick (13), Mercedes Russell (12), Bashaara Graves (11) and Nia Moore (11). It is the second time this season that UT had six players in double-digit scoring (previous was vs. Troy on Dec. 14).
- Freshman Jordan Reynolds recorded seven assists, a career high for her.
SIMMONS IN THE BOOKS
- With an early jump shot followed by three free throws, Simmons tied the No. 13 all-time Lady Vol scorer, Glory Johnson (2008-12) with 1,643 career points.
- The team was 6-of-15 from beyond the arc. Simmons was 3-of-4.
- Simmons finished the game standing 20 points away from the number 12 spot, Shyra Ely (2001-05), who scored 1,673 career points.
- The Lady Vols held the Lady Bisons to 29 first half points and 28.6 percent shooting after a few comeback shots that brought Lipscomb up from an early .100 shooting percentage.
- In the first half, Tennessee recorded 20 total defensive rebounds. Tennessee finished with 61 boards a 30-rebound advantage over Lipscomb.
- The Lady Bisons 42 points were their fewest scored this season.
- The Lady Vols begin SEC play Thursday, Jan. 2, at home against LSU. The game at Thompson-Boling Arena will be televised on CSS at 7 p.m. Also at the game, Lady Vol legend Candace Parker will be in attendance to have her jersey retired.