LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Georgia
Jan. 3, 2014
#5/5 TENNESSEE VS. #19/18 GEORGIA
Jan. 5, 2014 | 4:04 p.m. ET
Stegeman Coliseum | Athens, Ga.
- The #5/5 Lady Vols (11-2/0-1 SEC) return to the court Sunday at 4:04 p.m. Eastern time, as they face #19/18 Georgia (12-2/0-1 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum in Athens with both schools looking for their first league win of the 2013-14 season.
- SportSouth will have the telecast, with Dave Neal and Christy Winters Scott calling the action, and the live stream can be found on ESPN3.
- Tennessee is coming off a disappointing 80-77 setback to #16/16 LSU on Thursday night, marking the first loss in an SEC 0pener for the Lady Vols in 17 games. The last time UT dropped a league opener came on Dec. 8, 1996, when Georgia toppled UT, 94-93 in overtime, in Knoxville.
- Coupled with a 76-70 loss to Stanford on Dec. 21, Tennessee has lost two of its last three.
- Georgia also enters Sunday's contest having lost its last time on the floor and in two of its past three contests.
- The Lady Bulldogs opened league play on Thursday night in Nashville and came away with a 66-58 loss to Vanderbilt.
- Tennessee and Georgia have home wins over Georgia Tech and Lipscomb this season.
- UT enters the contest with a 45-15 advantage in the series, including a 12-8 record vs. UGA in Athens.
- The Lady Vols have won the last five games in the series and have claimed 13 of the past 14 meetings.
- UT is only 12-8 all-time when playing at Georgia but has won six of its last seven trips to Stegeman Coliseum.