Jan. 7, 2014
- The #8/8 Lady Vols (12-2/1-1 SEC) play host to Ole Miss (9-6/0-1 SEC) at 7:05 p.m. ET on Thursday at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- CSS will have the telecast, with Matt Stewart and Steffi Sorensen calling the action. The game also will be available via live stream on ESPN3.
- Tennessee is coming off a big road win over #19/18 Georgia on Sunday afternoon, toppling the Lady Bulldogs by a score of 85-70 in Stegeman Coliseum.
- It was a key victory for the Lady Vols, who had stumbled in their league opener against #16/16 LSU, 80-77, on Jan. 2 in Knoxville.
- Ole Miss enters on the heels of a loss in its SEC opener at home vs. Missouri, 85-76, and has dropped two of its last three contests.
- The Rebels, though, only lost by seven, 87-80, to #7/7 Baylor in Waco on Dec. 18.
- The matchup with Ole Miss will be UT's last at home until it hosts #2/2 Notre Dame on Jan. 20.
- One lucky fan will become the five-millionth visitor to a Lady Vol game and will be the recipient of some special prizes.
- The Lady Vols entered the season 94,088 away (4,905,912) from hitting the five-million mark in home attendance.
- After drawing 90,292 for the first eight home dates, Tennessee stands 3,796 from the new plateau entering the Ole Miss game.