Jan. 10, 2014
- The #8/8 Lady Vols (13-2/2-1 SEC) play their next two games on the road, starting with a 4 p.m. CT (5 p.m. ET) contest in Memorial Gymnasium in Nashville on Sunday vs. Vanderbilt (13-3/2-1).
- ESPN will have the telecast, with Pam Ward and Carolyn Peck calling the action. The game also will be available via live stream on ESPN3.
- The game originally was slated for 3 p.m. CT (4 p.m. ET) on ESPN2, but the network offered an hour-later time slot on its primary carrier, and both teams obliged.
- Tennessee takes a two-game winning streak to Music City, topping #19/18 Georgia on the road on Jan. 5, 85-70, and handling Ole Miss on Thursday night in Knoxville, 94-70.
- Vanderbilt, which is receiving votes in both polls, is coming off a 74-65 road win over Auburn and had dropped a 76-66 decision at #13/12 South Carolina on Jan. 5.
- This marks the fifth opponent the Lady Vols have played from the Volunteer State this season and enter with a 4-0 mark against those foes in 2013-14.
- The Lady Vols have victories over Tennessee schools Middle Tennessee (67-57 on Nov. 8), Chattanooga (80-56 on Nov. 14), Tennessee State (94-43 on Dec. 17) and Lipscomb (110-42 on Dec. 29) this season.
- The Big Orange women are 226-58-1 alltime vs. four-year college teams from the Volunteer State.