Jan. 14, 2014
- The #12/10 Lady Vols (13-3/2-2 SEC) play their second-straight road game, making their way to Starkville to take on Mississippi State (14-3/1-2 SEC) Thursday in an 8 p.m. CT/9 p.m. ET contest at Humphrey Coliseum.
- CSS will have the telecast, with Bernie Guenther and Joe Ciampi calling the action. The game also will be available via live stream on ESPN3.
- Tennessee rolls into "The Hump" looking to bounce back following a disappointing 74-63 loss at unranked Vanderbilt on Sunday that left the squad 3-3 in its past six contests.
- Mississippi State, meanwhile, enters on the heels of charting its first SEC win of the campaign, a 54-50 victory over Arkansas in Fayetteville on Sunday.
- The Bulldogs and Lady Vols haven't played common SEC opponents yet, but UT has a 67-57 season-opening road victory over Middle Tennessee on Nov. 8 to its credit, while MSU fell to the Blue Raiders, 62-48, at the Gulf Coast Showcase in Estero, Fla., on Dec. 1.
- The Lady Vols are 5-2 playing away from Thompson-Boling Arena this season, dropping games at #6/5 Stanford and Vanderbilt, while Mississippi State is 9-1 at Humphrey Coliseum, losing only to Auburn (82-74) on Jan. 5.