Jan. 18, 2014
- The #12/10 Lady Vols (14-3/3-2 SEC) step outside league play to welcome #2/2 Notre Dame (16-0/4-0 ACC) to Thompson-Boling Arena on Monday night at 7:02 p.m. ET.
- The match-up is part of ESPN's "Big Monday" slate of games and will be carried on ESPN2 and streamed on WatchESPN with Beth Mowins and Stephanie White calling the action.
- After seeing Tennessee win the first 20 games in the series, Notre Dame has bounced back to claim the past three meetings between these programs.
- The Lady Vols enter the contest on a positive note after fighting off an upset-minded Mississippi State team, 67-63, in Starkville on Thursday night.
- UT is 3-2 in its last five games as it heads into Monday night's non-conference tilt.
- Notre Dame, meanwhile, rolls into Knoxville after demolishing Pittsburgh on the road, 109-66, on Thursday night.
- It marked the third time in 2013-14 that the Fighting Irish eclipsed the 100-point plateau, while UT has two trips beyond the century mark this season.
- This will mark the fourth ACC team UT has played in 2013-14, standing 3-0 after defeating #12/11 North Carolina on Nov. 11, 81-65, #RV/RV Georgia Tech on Nov. 17, 87-76, and Virginia, 76-67, on Nov. 28.