Jan. 22, 2013
- #9/9 Tennessee (15-3/6-0 SEC) and #RV/RV Vanderbilt (13-5/3-2 SEC) will face off Thursday night at Memorial Gymnasium in the 69th meeting between the programs at 8:05 p.m. Central (9:05 p.m. ET). The game will be televised by SportSouth and available online on ESPN3.
- UT will get back to work following a 96-69 home win over Alabama on Sunday in the Lady Vols' "We Back Pat" home game.
- Vanderbilt was on the road at LSU on Thursday night, dropping a 54-51 decision in Baton Rouge after leading by as many as 10 points in the second half.
- The Lady Vols enter the contest on an eight-game winning streak, defeating Davidson, #NR/RV Rutgers, #18/15 South Carolina, #10/11 Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Auburn and Alabama during that spree.
- That streak is the team's longest of the season and is the best by UT since the 2010-11 squad had a 25-game run of wins from a Dec. 19 overtime victory over Stanford until the Elite Eight loss in Dayton, Ohio, to Notre Dame on March 28.
- Tennessee has won its last 10 games vs. SEC foes, dating back to last season, including its last five league road games.