LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Florida
Jan. 22, 2014
#11/12 TENNESSEE VS. FLORIDA
Jan. 23, 2014 | 6:34 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville, Tenn.
- The #11/12 Lady Vols (14-4/3-2 SEC) return to league play Thursday night, welcoming Florida (13-5/3-2 SEC) to Thompson-Boling Arena for a key Southeastern Conference contest at 6:34 p.m. ET.
- The game will be carried on SportSouth, with Dave Neal and Stephanie Ready calling the action, and it will be streamed live on ESPN3.
- The matchup is UT's home game as part of the SEC's observance of "We Back Pat" Week, an initiative focused on bringing awareness and recognition to the Pat Summitt Foundation, a fund of East Tennessee Foundation, and its fight against Alzheimer's disease.
- UT encourages fans to wear "We Back Pat" shirts in support of Pat Summitt and her battle with Alzheimer's. "We Back Pat" shirts and wrist bands will be available for purchase at the game.
- The Lady Vols are coming off a home loss to second-ranked Notre Dame on Monday night, dropping an 86-70 decision to the Fighting Irish in a nationally-televised "Big Monday" game on ESPN2.
- UT will enter the contest trying to win its second-straight SEC battle, having defeated Mississippi State last Thursday night in Starkville, 67-63.
- Florida, meanwhile, comes to Knoxville on a two-game losing skid, falling on Sunday at home to Georgia, 68-62, and dropping an 82-68 result to #12/13 LSU in Baton Rouge on Jan. 12.
- Tennessee and Florida were both in the Bahamas for the Junkanoo Jam, Nov. 28-30, with the Lady Vols winning both games to capture the Lucaya Division title and Florida splitting its contests to finish third in the Freeport Division.