Jan. 26, 2013
- #9/9 Tennessee (16-3/7-0 SEC) and #2/3 Notre Dame (18-1 /7-0 BIG EAST) will take the court Monday night at Thompson-Boling Arena in the 23rd meeting between the programs at 7:02 p.m. Eastern time. The game will be televised by ESPN2 and available online via WatchESPN.com.
- UT will hang its 11th banner of honor in Thompson-Boling Arena prior to the start of the game, adding Pat Summitt to that esteemed club. Gates open an hour and a half before tip-off, and fans should be in their seats 20-25 minutes before tip.
- The Lady Vols are coming off an 83-75 road victory at Vanderbilt on Thursday, improving to 7-0 in the SEC and moving into first place in the league standings after Kentucky's loss at South Carolina the same night.
- Notre Dame enters on the heels of an 89-44 home triumph over Providence on Saturday afternoon, improving to 7-0 in the BIG EAST.
- The Lady Vols enter the contest on a nine-game winning streak, including five in a row at home, defeating Davidson, #NR/RV Rutgers, #18/15 South Carolina, #10/11 Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Auburn, Alabama and Vanderbilt during that spree.
- Notre Dame enters the game on a 13-game winning streak, last losing on Dec. 5 in a home matchup with Baylor, 73-61.