LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Arkansas
Jan. 28, 2014
#10/10 TENNESSEE VS. ARKANSAS
Jan. 30, 2014 | 7:04 p.m. ET
Thompson-Boling Arena | Knoxville, Tenn.
- The #10/10 Lady Vols (16-4/5-2 SEC) are back in Thompson-Boling Arena on Thursday night, as they play host to Arkansas (15-5/2-5 SEC) at 7:04 p.m. ET.
- The game will be carried live on SportSouth, with Dave Baker and LaChina Robinson calling the action, and it will be streamed live via ESPN3.
- Tennessee enters the game on the heels of a strong showing on Sunday, when it cruised past #17/15 Texas A&M in College Station, 76-55, ending the Aggies' 10-game home winning streak and nine-game overall winning spree, and handing Gary Blair's squad its first SEC loss of the season.
- The Lady Vols are seeking their fourth-straight win in conference action, their third-consecutive win overall and their fifth triumph in the last seven games.
- Arkansas started the campaign at 13-0, and has gone 2-5 in league play thus far, dropping a 68-58 decision to (then) #9/8 Kentucky on Sunday.
- The Razorbacks pushed SEC co-leader (then) #13/12 South Carolina to the brink in Fayetteville on Jan. 2, dropping a 55-51 nail-biter to the Gamecocks.
- Tennessee and Arkansas have four common foes this season, and UT is 5-0 vs. those squads and UA is 2-3.
- The Lady Vols beat Middle Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi State, Georgia and Ole Miss, while the Razorbacks defeated Middle Tennessee and Ole Miss, and fell to Florida, Mississippi State and Georgia.
- UT is 9-2 at home this season, while UA is 2-3 in road games.