Jan. 30, 2013
- #9/10 Tennessee (16 -4/7-0 SEC) and Mississippi State (9-11 /1-6 SEC) will be in action Thursday night at Thompson-Boling Arena in the 34th meeting between the programs at 7:05 p.m. Eastern time. The game will be televised by CSS and available online via ESPN3.
- Tennessee holds a 33-0 all-time record vs. Mississippi State, dating back to Feb. 22, 1986, including 14-0 in Knoxville.
- The Lady Vols are coming off a 77-67 home loss to No. 2/2 Notre Dame on Monday night, when Tennessee honored Pat Summitt with the hanging of a banner in her honor prior to tip-off.
- Mississippi State is buoyed by a huge victory over in-state rival Ole Miss on Sunday, ending a six-game losing streak (all SEC games) this season with a 72-57 win in Starkville.
- The Lady Vols, conversely, saw a nine-game winning streak snapped by the Fighting Irish on Monday night in an ESPN "Big Monday" matchup at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- Tennessee has won its last 11 games vs. SEC foes, dating back to last season, including its last six league road games.