Jan. 31, 2014
- The #10/10 Lady Vols (17-4/6-2 SEC) hit the road for their next two games, beginning with a Sunday match-up in Tuscaloosa at Foster Auditorium with Alabama (10-11/3-5 SEC) at 3:35 p.m. CT/4:35 p.m. ET.
- The game will be carried live on ESPNU, with Melissa Lee and Katie Smith calling the action, and it will be streamed live via WatchESPN.
- After hitting a patch where they lost four of eight games, the Lady Vols have bounced back to win their last three contests over Florida, #17/15 Texas and Arkansas and carry a four-game SEC win streak into Sunday's tilt vs. Bama.
- UT overcame an eight-point first-half deficit and held off a persistent Arkansas squad, 70-60, in Knoxville on Thursday night.
- The Lady Vols now find themselves tied for third in the SEC thus far along with LSU, trailing co-leaders Texas A&M and South Carolina, each 7-1 in league play.
- Alabama is tied for eighth in the league with Georgia and Missouri.
- UA comes into the game having lost six of its last 10 contests, but the Crimson Tide has won two of the last three, including upset wins over Kentucky (57-55 in Lexington) and Georgia (69-66 in Tuscaloosa).
- he Tide tumbled in its last contest, losing at Florida on Thursday night, 75-67, to fall below the .500 mark at 10-11.
- Tennessee and Alabama have six common foes this season, and UT is 6-0 vs. those squads and Bama is 3-3.