Feb. 4, 2014
- The #8/8 Lady Vols (18-4/7-2 SEC) are back on the road Thursday night for a mid-week match-up with Ole Miss (10-13/1-8 SEC) at 8:05 p.m. CT/9:05 p.m. ET at C.M. "Tad" Smith Coliseum in Oxford, Miss.
- ¢ The game will be carried live on CSS, with Matt Stewart and Steffi Sorensen calling the action, and it will be streamed live via ESPN3 (the game will be blacked out in some areas).
- After starting out league play with a 2-2 record, Tennessee has ascended to second place in the SEC standings after winning five in a row against conference foes.
- UT's resurgence has come with redshirt freshman Andraya Carter handling point guard duties the past 3 1/2 games after Nancy Lieberman Award candidate Ariel Massengale was accidentally struck in the face during the first half of the Florida game in Knoxville on Jan. 23. She hasn't played since.
- Junior Cierra Burdick has stepped up her game as well, earned SEC Player of the Week accolades on Monday after her efforts in Tennessee's last two games.
- The Lady Vols are making their second straight road appearance following a 64-54, come-from-behind victory at Alabama on Sunday.
- Ole Miss enters Thursday's tilt at 14th in the league standings after dropping its last three games and eight of its last nine.
- The Rebels are coming off an 81-60 home loss to Florida on Sunday in a game that the Gators led by two, 33-31, at the half.
- UT is 6-2 on the road this season, while UM is 8-5 at home.
- Tennessee is the No. 1 scoring team in SEC games, averaging 76.1, while Ole Miss is 14th in defense, allowing 83.4 to league teams.