Feb. 6, 2013
- #12/13 Tennessee (17-5/8-1 SEC) and LSU (13-9/4-5 SEC) face off on Thursday night at 8:05 p.m. Central time (9:05 p.m. Eastern) at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center in Baton Rouge. The 56th meeting in the series will be televised by CSS and available on ESPN3.
- The Lady Vols are coming off an 80-63 loss at Missouri on Sunday, with UT's 12-game winning streak against SEC teams coming to an end at the hands of the sharp-shooting Tigers.
- LSU, meanwhile, suffered a 74-57 setback at the hands of #14/16 Texas A&M on Monday night in Baton Rouge.
- Tennessee has won 12 of its last 13 games vs. SEC foes, dating back to last season, including six of its last seven league road games.
- Tennessee was the SEC runner-up a year ago (27-9/12-4 SEC) and was picked to finish fourth this season by the media and fifth by the coaches.
- LSU finished in a tie for fourth in the SEC (23-11/10-6) last season and was predicted to place sixth by the media and seventh by the coaches in the SEC race this season.